Necro dexer

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Necro dexer

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:30 am

Anyone play a pure necro dexer? In PvE or PvP.

I'm curious about life leech vamp form dexers... and I'm curious about more 'pure' dexer types that use necromancy to help with dmg/survival/whatever.

post your template, gear, and what you're capable of doing on the character.

I'm hoping someone says "this is what i wear when i solo dark fathers"

or "i farm arctic overlords with corpse skin and consecrate weapon.. yea it screws up my karma, this is how bad it is"

It'll help me a lot if you can post as much detail about it as possible.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Shino » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 pm

ok heres the lowdown on my necro macer, i use her to solo dreadhorns, darkfathers, skeletal liches etc

120 mace
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 anat
120 spirit speak
80 chiv
40 necro

Base stats
125 dex
115 intel
10 dex

gear includes:
wind's edge
mace and shield
violet courage
legs of bane
quiver of infinity
stormgrip
primer on arms
crinson cincture
hci/dci ring and bracelet ( they need to total 25 HCI and 15 DCI)
crafted sleeves with MR2 and resists
crafted gorget with resists and stam regen 2 ( tho im going to switch this piece out now that they changed the way forms work)

ok winds edge had 50 ssi and a base speed of 2s giving it a 1.33 second swing speed with 0 dex, so minimum dex is perfect.
wraith form is pretty crucial when fighting big monsters ( DF, Peerlesses) for its mana leech associated with it, which is based on your spirit speak ( 24% at 120, which is a true leech)
one key thing you need to do is put on GM inscription and cast protection, magic reflection, and reactive armor ( this gives the best overall resists (-10/+5/+5/+5/+5) and makes it so you arent interrupted when casting curse weapon which is VERY important)
Curse weapon is a true life leech, and leeches 50% of the damage you deal for a short time, the problem is you dont know when it ends so you have to keep an eye on your health

feint is the only important special on winds edge according to stratics it gives a defensive bonus against a single opponent for a short time ( great info guys!) but uoguide says "Unofficially, feint cuts all damage, both melee and magical, dealt to you in half. The effect lasts for four to five seconds."

momentum strike is a HUGE help with curse weapon since you gain from dealing about 4x damage that you are from 1 opponent (without a crit strike from lightning strike) due to the damage bonus given for the second opponent

a basic run down of how i solo dreadhorn
precast Enemy of one and curse weapon
activate key
run up and honor
preset feint special maneuver
once feint hits begin using lightning strike
recast spells as needed, particularly using feint before i cast curse weapon for the damage reduction

when fighting dreadhorn or skeletal liches i usually hit for 40-50 and crit for about 135

if you have any more questions just send me a q at 380559746
Shino
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Mile's Voice of Truth (1)

Necro Dexer ?

Postby CannabisKing » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:25 am

I need to know if I can run a necro Dexer with/ 110 Fencing,bush,tact,anatomy,S.S, 80 chiv and 40 necro ?
I would like to get a winds edge, But... Can I use the dread revenge instead and still be able to hold my own or is this a lost cause?
CannabisKing
Merchant
Merchant

Postby DevilSpawn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js58PbpF2d0

Here's a link to the video that I mentioned last night. I think the guy has another post of him soloing the Shimmering Effusion.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Just went through that guy's videos. The guy is amazing!
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Sir William » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:07 pm

im not tearing apart your template but could you please explain the 120 SS and the 120 anat?
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Shino » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:02 am

Anat is for more damage and SS is for the mana leech in wraith form and duration of Curse weapon.
The skill information on anat reads (taken from startics)
On each successful hit with a weapon during combat, a passive check is made to your anatomy skill. If successful, you add up to 65% to the damage depending on your skill level.

i cant find the exact formula for the leeching effect in wraith form but I know it is directly proportional.
Shino
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mile's Voice of Truth (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:12 am

Shino wrote:Anat is for more damage and SS is for the mana leech in wraith form and duration of Curse weapon.
The skill information on anat reads (taken from startics)
On each successful hit with a weapon during combat, a passive check is made to your anatomy skill. If successful, you add up to 65% to the damage depending on your skill level.

i cant find the exact formula for the leeching effect in wraith form but I know it is directly proportional.

Mana leech formula is:

For the math fans, the formula is percent leeched = ((15 * Spirit Speak)/100) + 5

So at 0 leech 5% (6% if human). 100 SS is 20% and 120 SS is 24%
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Shino » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:14 pm

thanks Ash
Shino
PAS Elder
PAS Elder