60 necro? Anyone tried it?

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

60 necro? Anyone tried it?

Postby DevilSpawn » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:47 am

Hey guys...

Has anyone tried running a character with just 60-65 necro and no spirit speak? This looks like it would be useful and effective in PvM or PvP.

I know you need spirit speak to get lots of mana regen while in wraith form.

I haven't tested any of this, but according to UO.com information, corpse skin, blood oath, curse weapon... all have significant (however sometimes reduced) durations without spirit speak. Additionally, evil omen maintains 100% of its effect, but against targets with magic resist the duration gets to be very short. Pain spike does the same damage, according to UO.com against a target with resist, regardless of whether or not you have spirit speak - meaning I'll pain spike for 18, no matter what.

Has anyone tried these abilities without spirit speak yet? I'll stone it off tonight and see how it goes if no one knows.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby DevilSpawn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 pm

I tested this last night against a character with 115 resist.

Blood Oath lasted about 4 seconds.
Corpse skin lasted like 4-5
Pain spike did 9 damage

Evil omen lasts a few seconds. Evil omen is the only one that I think has any use in only lasting a short while, though I could see uses for a 4 second blood oath.

The results were not as good as I hoped, but I'd probably shell out 60 points in necro to be able to evil omen on a scribe mage.

Further look, edit: With 2/6 (possible with 2/5, but I'm having trouble getting the timing), you can Flamestrike and then evil omen... and the omen will actually hit before the flamestrike, so the flamestrike hits with omen up for 25% more damage.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Scribe/Mage/Necro

Postby Azareth » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Well now thats interesting.. i have a mage i dont do much with atm.. i might try that ty ! :)

Azareth :lol:
Azareth
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Template discussions