Need help with Sampire

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Need help with Sampire

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon May 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Ok I see lots of folks runing these templates and they seem to be pretty effective...I wanna try one out now...

I know there was another topic somewhere on the forums discussing this template but I cannot find it...

I need to know what skills and equipment are necessary...

I am thinking of using macing as the weapon skill as I already have that skill worked to 120...I also have fencing worked to 120 so could go that route as well if it would be better...

any advice will be most welcome!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Ok, I went to stratics and read an article there on the sampire...hehe...now I am confused...I realize the name implies being in Vampire form but it just dawned on me that the people I see are in wisp form I think it is...is it basically the same template but you are in wisp form?...what r the differences in equipment or spells used?...
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby dlwiii » Mon May 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Hey, I run a Sampire, Atreyu. It's fun, and I can do many things, including most of the abyss mini-champs. I run a basic sampire, never use the Wraith form version of it though.

120 Weapons
99 Necro
115 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
65 Chivalry
82 Healing

My account is limited to 700 skill, and I am still gaining in Healing.

All but the last skill make up basic sampire. The last skill, Healing, could be instead Magic Resist, or Parry, Spellweaving, or whatever else you think might work best. Dropping parry for healing is a recent thing, and I'm not 100% sure it's the best choice.

Dex is 125, Strength 110, Int 10

Stratics is a great site, with lots of good information. Playing a sampire requires proper technique, as it is very different from playing other templates. For example, if there are many not-too-dangerous monsters, you in general want to be surrounded by them so that you can get extra life leech from a whirlwind attack. Also, you generally don't want to waste life leech on weapons, since Vamp form gives you much better leeching that a weapon could.

If we're on a the same time I can show you my suit and weapons if you'd like.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Ya I think I am going with something like this:

120 Mace
120 Parry
120 Resist
100 tactics
100 bushido
100 chivalry
60 necro

I will use some skill jewels to go into vamp form and then switch out for fighting jewels...or can you do that anymore?...I vaguely remember them changing something so you had to have the skill to stay in form...hope not

if they did make that change then I will go 60 chiv 100 necro
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby dlwiii » Mon May 03, 2010 6:52 pm

No, as of early 2009, you have to maintain 99 necro to stay in vamp form. So getting 99, casting VE, then removing jewelry will not work. Gotta have 99 necro.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Ya...that is what I was afraid of...lol

throws a monkey wrench in the works but i will try it the other way and see how it works
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Oblixt » Tue May 04, 2010 12:31 pm

Mine is:

120 Swords
115 Bushido
115 Tacts
100 Anat
100 Healing
99 Necro
75 Chiv (+14 is on jewel)

You want DCI capped, resists maxed or close to it, 100% DI. Your weapon MUST have Swing speed inc, mana leech, and stam leech. Some HCI is good, but Lightning strike gives 45% and you should be spamming that almost endlessly unless whirlwinding a spawn.

I only have a 710 cap. If I had 720, Bushido and Tactics would be 120 each. Can drop Anat for Resist/Spirit Speak depending on the fight, Healing will still heal for ~20 without Anatomy. If you want Parry, I'd drop Healing due to Confidence and Evasion. If you have a Soul Stone, I'd stone those 3 and swap them out when need. If you do not have a soul stone or do not want to worry about swapping skills around, Anatomy is the most useful in more situations imo.

Sampire; Roll in vampire on a swamp dragon with exceptional barding for the 20% damage absorbtion. Immune to all but lethal poison, 20% damage leeched as HPs and some free Regens.

Whammy; Same idea but drop Healing for Spirit Speak. Can drop Anat for Parry too if you like. Roll in Wraith form for insane mana regen for AI spamming and use Curse Weapon for Life Leech.

On both, carry dex/str pots if not capped out and bring a stack of Apples for curse and friends.

On both, honor everything, unless in group, then read on. With 100 DI on gear, Honor and EoO you are at the 300% damage cap. If using a Super Slayer, you do not need to use EoO. If using a Specific Slayer (such as Snake Slayer, not Reptile,) you do not need to use Honor or EoO. Pay attention to that in groups, let someone else take the Honor if they aren't capping 300%.

These are my stats with my Diasho equipped which is a great feint weapon and hardly needs any SSI with my lvl of stam. I still need some gear though :(

http://img708.imageshack.us/i/stats1c.jpg/

And for giggles, here's me doing a Ratman Mini-Champ. For a whirlwind weapon I use a Radiant Scimitar with Hit Mana Leech, Hit Stam Leech, Damage Increase, Hit Fire Area and Hit Fireball. This picture is a bit mild, I can usually have a lot more on me there and a lot more numbers flying off. I'm also not using a Repond slayer and those numbers go up every 1.25 seconds :D

http://img219.imageshack.us/i/ratspawn1.jpg/

If you want to ask me any questions about stuff I have going on here or for some tactics, feel free.
Last edited by Oblixt on Wed May 05, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter!"
Oblixt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby eekamouse » Tue May 04, 2010 8:12 pm

What Oblixt said. I also roll with that same set up.

<3 it.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Return to Template discussions