Archery template in progress...

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Archery template in progress...

Postby eekamouse » Sat May 08, 2010 1:27 am

I'm playing with this template right now... The first number is real skill and the parantheses is with gear.

Stealth 50 (100)
Stealing 50 (100)
Archery 100 (120)
Tactics 100
Alchemy 100
Hiding 100
Ninjitsu 120
Chiv 80

The Alchemy is pretty fun, but I'm thinking of dropping it and getting 50 Bush, 20 stealth, 20 stealing, with another 10 to put into tracking I guess. I don't know. Maybe just put it at 60 Bush.

Right now my gear is basically the following, while working on some other pieces as well.

+20 steal/stealth (shadow leggings)
+30 steal (jewels)
+30 stealth (jewels)
+20 archery (hunter's headdress)
+40 Enhance Potions (jewels)
+40 DI (jewels)

I figure I can remove the Enhance Potions when I drop Alchemy, and add more Bushido or Tactics, or HCI or whatever is lacking from the rest of my gear.

If I take just 50 Bushido on my stealth archer for Honor and LS, can that be useful?

Basically I just want to get be able to exploit Perfect and the Hit Chance buff.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby DevilSpawn » Sat May 08, 2010 8:13 am

Lightning strike has a chance of working based on your bushido skill... so like if you have between 50 and 90 bush, sometimes when you use lightning strike and successfully hit your target, it won't make the lightning strike sound/animation and you will not receive (I don't think) the hit chance increase and you can't crit on those failed lightning strikes.

However, when you succeed on the bushido skill check, even at 50, it still looks like it has some chance to crit (smaller than you would with more skill) and/or give the hit chance bonus. I am guessing that it uses similar skill checks as magery etc, so I'm thinking 90 would give you a 100% chance to lightning strike successfully, but the crit chance still scales up to 120.

About honor... with 50 bushido you can honor a target and gain perfection when you hit it. I used to run 50 to 70 on my archer years ago, but I think their was something fishy about it. It might have taken more hits to attain perfection or the damage bonus wasn't 100%--I don't remember and I'm not even sure if any of that is true. I do know you can honor and gain perfection with 50 though.

Also, confidence only takes 25 base bushido and is still pretty useful with 50-70 bush.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sat May 08, 2010 9:40 am

is this human or elf or gargoyle? If its human, u get 20 pts across the board on skills. Now if you have an item with +20 stealth, then u still end up with 20 stealth, since its a free 20 pts only if u dont have other items or that skill worked up.

It doesnt sound like much, but I use chiv at 20 to throw cure and heal on my human chars without chiv on them. It doesnt have an incredibly high chance for success, but its a free heal or cure without assigning any points to chiv.

Just a thought.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby DevilSpawn » Sat May 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Pro tip from KD. Word. Also works with a few spellweaving spells including gift of renewal and attunement.

Just re-reading, If you're trying to squeeze skills, I don't think you need 80 chiv. You can cast all the chiv spells you'd need but enemy of one 100% of the time with less. If you don't use divine fury you can use even less. I don't remember the exact amounts and I'm not in game now to mess with it. I've ran 65 before and I think that fails divine fury sometimes and is still able to cast enemy of one, but it will cast all the lower spells (like not holy light or divine sacrifice but everything else).
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby eekamouse » Sat May 08, 2010 1:11 pm

I think you still get the Hit Chance bonus with LS at 50, it's just a matter of it critting, that get checked.

I was playing with it on my Sampire, and when you toggle LS, your Hit Chance gets bumped before you hit. You can actually see the Hit Chance go up on the EC client.

Interesting to test about Honor and Perfection.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby eekamouse » Sat May 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Ok, I think this is my re-work...

Stealth 25 (+50 = 75)
Stealing 70 (+30 = 100)
Archery 85 (+35 = 120)
Tactics 100
Bushido 85 (+15 = 100)
Hiding 100
Ninjitsu 105 (+15 = 120)
Chiv 75
Meditation 45

+20 archery (hunter's headdress)
+20 steal (shadow legs)
+20 stealth (shadow legs)

ring
15 ninja
10 stealing
25 Dmg Inc
15 stealth
15 HCI

bracelet
15 archery
15 bushido
25 Dmg Inc
15 stealth
15 HCI

The rest of my gear will add MR, stats, and high resists.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby DevilSpawn » Sun May 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Ohh enhanced client owns me again.

That's awesome to know about HCI from bushido even at minimum skill. Thanks for that. I don't really know how I'll use it, but it has a few neat possibilities.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby eekamouse » Mon May 10, 2010 12:20 am

DevilSpawn wrote:Ohh enhanced client owns me again.

That's awesome to know about HCI from bushido even at minimum skill. Thanks for that. I don't really know how I'll use it, but it has a few neat possibilities.

I decided to rejig the template so my Bushido would be 100, because with 50, I will only cap out at 50% DI from Honor/Perfection.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Return to Template discussions