Template help please

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Template help please

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Wed May 12, 2010 7:50 am

Most of you know, it's been a couple of years since I played, and there have been lots of changes to the game. I'm looking for advice as to what to do with my main chars - any suggestions as to how to change templates, new chars to try out etc would be really welcome.

Main is Eleanor Rigby - Mule Crafter (anything new I should be thinking about?)
Blacksmith 120/tailor 120/mining 105/carp 100/magery 100/tink 100/eval 60/music 45/med 10

Eirian - Pally
swords 110/parry 100/anat 100/tactics 100/heal 91/focus 87/chiv 80/res 55

Meredyth - Fisher/mage (I enjoyed fishing so would like to keep that)
eval 110/med 110/ focus 101/magery 101 (scrolled to 110)/ fish 100/res 100/wrestling 90

I have an archer as well, but I'll check out the archery template post.

thanks!
Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed May 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Well imbuing is now a MUST have for crafters...UO Guide and Stratics both have good guides and explainations of the skill...it has absolutely changed the way I can outfit my chars
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Ciara » Wed May 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Eleanor, you also will want armslore on your crafter. What I had to do is move some of my skills to a soul stone or another character to accomodate the armslore. I've started another character with imbuing. I think you might enjoy that skill.

Your fisher template looks pretty good to me as is, especially if you are fishing with friends.

I don't play a swordwoman, so no suggestions there.

I can help you with the archer if you want to discuss it. I think for pvm, a bushido, chivalry archer with healing is a template you would enjoy. Ciara has that template. Its 120 archery, 120 bushido, 100 anatomy, 100 healing, 100 tactics, 80 chivalry, 100 spell resist.

Badgirl Evilbow has a terrific template, which is posted in her post about the Stygian Dragon. It is similar to Ciara, but has Focus instead of spell resist.

If you would like to go practice archery, I'll be glad to take you hunting.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Appreciate the advise Damien - I'll head to both sites to read up on imbuing. Ciara is right, I enjoy crafting so imbuing will be a fun addition.

Ciara, thank you - I'll take you up on the offer of practice with my archer. I know we worked together on her a long time ago and looks like I was heading towards a similar template to Badgirl Evilbow as I have focus on her.

Time to stop decorating and start to explore/hunt again :)

ER
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to Template discussions