Stun mage

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Stun mage

Postby aibandit » Mon May 31, 2010 7:22 pm

Any use for these any more? I really hate to turn down skills after working them up but I was thinking about making him a T-hunter. I doubt this build is what it used to be.
Hope is not a strategy.
Rest In Peace SSgt. Christopher Rudzinski

Chars: Engel des todes, MaDeuce (Pronounced (mä doos), Bandit, Infidel inc, Slayer
aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby DevilSpawn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:36 am

Sadly, no, it's not what it used to be.

If you're talking about anatomy/wrestling mages (from the old days) then anatomy doesn't really do much for you anymore on that template, since you can stun punch without it.

If you're just talking about a wrestle mage (newer, faster, stronger, lulz) without anatomy then that still works and some good players still pvp with them--though they're rare because of the alternative skills available now and because of the common use of spell channeling mage weapons.

It's not a great PvM template either as the damage output is outpaced by other mage related and virtually all dexer templates.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby aibandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 am

Yeah it's an old wres anat mage. that's a shame he was fun I think ill keep him a mage something...

The thunter build I want to make would make me drop all of his skills anyway

Time to buy a 7th char slot O.o
Hope is not a strategy.

Chars: Engel des todes, MaDeuce (Pronounced (mä doos), Bandit, Infidel inc, Slayer
aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Atta Kquast » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Pretty tough as a solo pvm/pvp player. Its fairly standard as a support mage role, such as a parry wrestle mage...my personal fav in the age of archers.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby eekamouse » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:33 pm

DevilSpawn wrote:Sadly, no, it's not what it used to be.

If you're talking about anatomy/wrestling mages (from the old days) then anatomy doesn't really do much for you anymore on that template, since you can stun punch without it.

If you're just talking about a wrestle mage (newer, faster, stronger, lulz) without anatomy then that still works and some good players still pvp with them--though they're rare because of the alternative skills available now and because of the common use of spell channeling mage weapons.

It's not a great PvM template either as the damage output is outpaced by other mage related and virtually all dexer templates.

Before you roll a T-hunter, I would wait until the new T-Hunter changes are announced.

I have a T-Hunter now. It's "fun" and everything, but it's not worth the pain of Cart and Lockpick. It used to be.... long ago.

But not anymore, imvho.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby aibandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Sadly I had 90 cart on my soul stone but I wiped it earlier this month. :(
Hope is not a strategy.

aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm

I still enjoy t-hunting...cant wait for the changes...hope they improve it and don't break it...lol
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to Template discussions