My Archer PvP setup

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm 100% sure that I didn't tell you not to use arties in your suit lol

As Warden pointed out and I guessed wrong, your hat doesn't take away your 20 med. (thx brah)

As human you get 20 in everything (as im sure you know). You'll find that 20 tracking is useful in PvP, as is 20 spellweaving, 20 parry, 20 med, and 20 focus. You can't use wooden armor if you're human. Humans also get 2 HPR and can carry a lot more (helps with dexers carrying a ton of potions).

I PMed you Davind.

Sampires using wooden armor is way easier than using it in PvP. Sampires don't need the JOAT skills... and they don't need HPR either, but whatev. I guess it can help a tiny bit. I'd rather get HCI and DI on my wooden armor as a sampire.

He's right about imbuing then enhancing. Do it if you can afford it, but let's really talk before ya do that.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Warden » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 am

Yeah, I didn't use the bloodwood on my sampy for the HPR. I originally wanted to use heartwood for some HCI or DI, but ended up scrapping that idea for a couple of reasons. One, since vamp form costs you 25 fire resist, and by imbuing then enhancing with bloodwood you can get 26 fire resist per piece... :twisted: Two, you get the real value from the enhancing when you do it post-imbuing, but that means you spend the money to fully imbue your armor piece, and then enhance it with heartwood only to end up with increased durability instead of HCI... I burned through thousands of bark fragments as it was trying to get the blanks I wanted.

But because of that I ended up with 2 HPR as a 6th mod on my imbued pieces (4 imbued/2 arties) and I notice the difference here and there. Not mid fight, of course, as I am taking/dealing/leeching so much DPS that the HPR is a drop in the bucket. But when I end a fight with less than full health, the regen rate is noticeable and I am soon healed up without having to think about it.

Definitely talk to DS before you follow any of my armor tips for PvP, since I have never made a PvP suit in my life. :lol:
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm

dont forget too <insert advertisement for enhanced client> ... when u finish a fight, and want to regen hp fast, just carry cheap hp regen items and set a key to change to that suit, and then when u get those hps back, hit another key and go back to the original fighting suit (each suit swap takes about0.34112222 seconds with the ec client) <end ec advertisement>

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Warden » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:13 pm

I hadn't thought about doing a suit swap for regen. I already do it for recasting vamp form after I rez. I hit my dress macro which puts my whole suit on in about a second. Then I hit a macro button that changes my ring, bracelet and tali, casts vamp, then changes back. I only have 99 necro most of the time, but I have eaten a 120 scroll and the jewelry pieces bump me up to that so I never fail. The tali is a mana phasing orb; the macro uses a charge on that so I can cast it with zero mana. And then I wear insured arcane boots as part of my regular suit (plus a couple spare pairs in my pack) so I need no reagents or LRC. I can rez with one mana and one health and in three seconds be back in vamp form and casting confidence to heal as I run off.

The same jewelry pieces also have +chiv on them, so I macro them on when I need to cast divine sacrifice to rez people, and +magery for emergency teleporting and for if I need to cast protection.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby aibandit » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 pm

DevilSpawn wrote:Conjurer's Trinket:
Undead Slayer
Str +1
HPR 2
HCI 10%
DI 20%

Conjurer's trinket has great stats. One day it will screw you. The Waka mages know that bad archers wear conjurer's trinkets. If the mage polymorphs into an orc or whatever (or better yet, equips big magik flippers) they will do like double dmg to you (because of that slayer reverse/counter thing)

Are you sure that orc bug is not fixed? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was.
Hope is not a strategy.
Rest In Peace SSgt. Christopher Rudzinski

Chars: Engel des todes, MaDeuce (Pronounced (mä doos), Bandit, Infidel inc, Slayer
aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Previous

Return to Template discussions