EM Event: "Excalibird" (Wed. Aug. 20)

Post Event announcements or expanded UO Event Information here. Sonoma and Other Shard Events are welcome.

EM Event: "Excalibird" (Wed. Aug. 20)

Postby Queen Mum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Quill post from EM Willow
Wednesday, August 20th, 7PM PDT – “Excalibird” - Meet at Serps Guard Hall. Gates will be provided from Luna and WBB

*9pm CT, 10pm ET
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby JediPat » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:36 am

Did anyone get on of the parrot drops?
JediPat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Maldar » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:49 pm

I guess I didn't do enough damage to gain looting rights. I was surprised, since I was going toe-to-toe the entire time except for having to redress, etc., from getting killed twice. Unless things have changed again, I think just the top few damage-dealers get looting rights....someone correct me if I am wrong. It is tough to beat the damage all of the Greater Dragons deal, so I am not the least bit hopeful of getting a drop this way.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Warden » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Most of the time at the EM events, there are no drops. I'm assuming there must have been some information about parrots at this one, but I have even heard EM Willow say that they won't let him do drops so I doubt it will be an issue most of the time.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Maldar » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:59 pm

The deal was if you gained looting rights, a deed for a multicolored parrot dropped straight into your pack.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Ciara » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:09 am

From reading posts about this event on UO Stratics Rares Collector, there were 30 parrot drops, which went to the top damagers.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby JediPat » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:06 am

So no more random drops, just the elite builds get the goodies...again. Anyways, I want to buy one of these birds, lol.
JediPat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Warden » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Yeah I'm sure it's easier and all from a programming standpoint to simply give drops to the top damagers, but it's way past time to be done with that garbage. Healers, bards, debuffers, rezzers, etc., need credit too. If that's too hard, even random drops that all participants have a chance at would be better than top damagers. Something to encourage team play vs. everybody bringing their DPS characters and grubbing for damage points while ignoring the guy next to them who's dying...
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

SilverHawk Medal (1)

Return to UO Event Announcements