Necro Suit

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Necro Suit

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:47 am

I am finally going to push my necro/nox/mage to finish up her skills, now I am starting to look for what I should outfit this char with. This char actually started off as my necro/nox/fisher, but am stoning off fishing for eval and will switch back when I want to fish. 2ndary goal in the beginning was to poison shurikens for my ninja, I am also assuming that deadly poison fields are still useful in group PvP.

So, I had left eval off as was just planning area effect, fields and healing others as use of magery, but after reading more i see the corpse skin/Flamestrike combo can be quite useful and would need Eval for direct effect spells to be powerful.

So, now that I babbled on the background of the character, what should I put on. Any got to have artifact items or should I just look for crafted/enchanced items with good resists and LRC, LMC and/or MR? The template is:

Eval Intel 115
Magery 115
Necro 115
Spirit Speak 115
Meditation 110
Resist 115
Poisoning 80

With the Bloodwood spirit I still need 30 skill points from jewelry or spellbook, or I have to cut back on some of the skills.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:41 pm

Well, part of the problem is your magery/poisoning only add up to 195. For the max chance to cast higher level poisons (level 4 fields all the time), they need to add up to 200. So either magery at 120 or poisoning at 85. Either way is fine.

Additionally, explo/flamestrike is awesome on a necro mage in pvm, but for pvp a necro is a great support char even without the eval. Drop revenants, corpse skin/poison strike (corpse skin lowers both fire AND poison resists), strangle for continuous damage (fizzles for mages), etc. And if you have to resort to magery, you can evil omen first to change the damage you inflict or the strength of your stat affecting spells.

As for poisoning, dp fields are great, but you have a really busy template. A poisoner has one job in field pvp: poison people. As a necro you can add to this, but you won't be using a lot of magery direct damage spells. I'm trying to figure out with as busy a template as you have, how you'll be able to actually use everything you have at your disposal. If it's a pvm char, I recommend stoning off poisoning. If it's a pvp char, I recommend either stoning off eval, or sacrificing your suit mods to get other stuff worked in (like the extra skill points to get your template finished, and take any of those five 115s to 120s, as you get the scrolls). One of the first items I'd try to find to start with would be a magery/eval mark of the travesty. That'll add 20 points toward your template, and it has some okay mods besides.

Another big drawback to this template is you have zero defense chance. None. You don't have a weapon skill at all. you're dexxer fodder, and even any mage with a weapon skill or wrestling can dex you to death. You'll need to carry a spell channeling mage weapon. These are hard to find, but there are three that I know of:
Swords of Prosperity
Staff of the Magi
Staff of Pyros

If you have your pick, I recommend the Staff of Pyros. As a necro, you'll want the 100% fire damage on the staff when you corpse skin someone, so if they run close enough to get hit and you hit them, you might do a little damage to them. The drawback to this, however, is you then can't get skill points from a book (like the Ossmian Grimore or any spellbook with +magery or +med or +whatever).

As for whatever direction you go with this template, you should STRIVE towards:
all 70s
2 FC
6 FCR
12+ MR
100% LRC
40% LMC
15+ SDI (15 is the max for pvp, there is no cap for pvm)
45 HCI
45 DCI

What you need to make the suit USEABLE for day to day:
all 60s with 70 physical (Curse lowers the caps of your elemental resists by 10, doesn't affect phys)
2 FC
4 FCR
6+ MR
100% LRC
30+ LMC

What you MUST HAVE to get by (after throwing your suit together for just a few mods):
2 FC
4 FCR
100 LRC
any mana regen you can get

Keep in mind, the first set of mods I listed are my idea of a "GOD" mage suit, and are not easily attainable. The second set is what most people strive for as a base, and then add on stuff like HP regen or more MR, or finish out the 2/6 combo and go from there. Without the basic stuff from the bottom suit, your char abilities will be greatly diminished. You'll be waiting between spells for what seems like forever, you'll have to carry regs, and you'll always be out of mana.

If you can get a good amount of MR on your suit (8 or more probably), you can drop your med to 80 and have the extra points you need there to finish your template. You'll be getting the extra mana from your MR on your suit.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Prae » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Not 100% positive on this but I believe you have to have a total of 200 points between magery and poisoning to achieve the lethal poisoning. ie you need to have 120 magery and 80 poisoning. With your current set up you are 5 points shy. You either need to put another 5 points into poisoning or 5 points more into magery. I'm almost positive on this......might want to check to make sure.

As far as your suit goes.....Depends on what you are trying to achieve with it. Are you looking for 100% LRC and 70 resists or are you looking at using regs but want max mana regen? You get the point.....its tough to help give advice on a suit when you don't really know what your looking for......that and suits can get expensive quick depending on what you want. Also is your character human or elf? Does play a part when your shopping for good armor pieces.
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:20 pm

Yeah, I mentioned the 5 point thing, and that isn't for lethal. Mages don't cast lethal poison, they cast deadly poison (level 4). For lethal poison, it must be applied with a weapon (and again weapon skill plus poisoning skill should equal 200).
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to Ask Dara