Treasure Hunting Tool/Runes

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Treasure Hunting Tool/Runes

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:44 pm

I decided to go ahead and knock out some of the lvl 6 maps I had and came across a couple situations that I am wondering what to do. Ok 1, I know what to do, simply don't be lazy. The issue is I have a treasure map on an island that the UO Treasure Hunter Tool doesn't have listed, therefore no rune is marked there that I know of, so going to have to actually sail to the island. No Biggie.

But the thing that has me thinking going to have to have help on a particular lvl 6 map is what the tool and rune have listed as #5. It is a tiny bit of land in the middle of the ocean. My T Hunter is a bard uses provoke or peace and earth elementals or EVs. So, on lvl 6 maps I need some running room since in best case scenario I can provoke all 4 monsters in 15 seconds, but I won't survive 15 seconds. What in the world were they thinking make that a treasure spot?

Here is the map that I don't see in the Treasure Hunters Tool.

AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Horizon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:59 pm

The Island to the west is Ocarina Island. The name of your island is Blanche Island. The coordinates are 32S 59E. I think it is#74 or 72 at the PAS Rune Library. Check out the stone table on the first floor.

Send me an ICQ and I can get you a rune. 88903288.
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:39 am

And that little speck of land you are talking about is affectionately called Dot Island....And I would not try to solo it...LOL...Even from a boat....I did one a long time ago with a bunch of PAS...8 or 10 of us and it spawned 3 AWs and a Balron..not fun....LOL.....Actually it was a blast...I have about ten maps for that island if I can find em....maybe we should have a level 6 on dot island event one night....hehe
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:13 am

Ahh, I see that #74 now. I had clicked on the other island and assumed it was showing maps for everything visible.

As for Dot isle, I can handle 2 ancient wyrms (or 2 of anything) so the other 2 would be where luck and timing would come in. I doubt I would be able to come from invisibility, provoke and cast invisibility on myself again. Using precast earth elementals, I may get luck enough where they would keep the agro of the other 2 spawn for the 10-13 seconds I need to be able to provoke again. But since I don't feel like risking the odds, will save it for a day when there are other poor souls to take out spawn.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Prae » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:37 am

2 items you could use that may help you out would be invisibility potions and invisibility jewelry. The second one is a little harder to come buy but still able to be found.

With 2 ev's precasted already on the island you could start digging and precast recall. You could then cast off on your boat key and be sitting on your boat....pop a invis potion if they lock on you or provo the 2 that are not attacking the ev's.

There are several ways to do it solo. I myself have peace on my t-hunter so soloing this little island is pretty easy.
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Ask Dara