talismans

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

talismans

Postby Julion » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:51 am

i just upgraded my account.
Jr. gave me one of these with lrc.
what else can they do?
Julion
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 2
LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:41 am

I think the one I gave you was a totem of the void, which is 10 LMC.

There is one that has 20 damage increase, decent for dexxers.

And there are summoning talismans, some that summon creatures, some that summon boards/ingots/bandages (10 per charge), and they can be recharged with a runed switch (hard to make though, takes 4 skills at GM to make one).

Then there are slayer talismans, but they aren't the traditional undead/repond/etc type slayers, they're more like bovine slayer, bird slayer, vermin slayer, etc. They cover different groups of animals.

The vermin slayer is good against ratmen. So is a repond slayer weapon. So is damage increase. Slayers count as 100% damage increase to the monsters they are good against. The total damage increase allowed from the damage increase mods and slayers is a 200% increase. So if you went to a rat spawn with a vermin slayer talisman and a repond slayer weapon, any damage increase items you have on top of that won't be counted.

Then there are the ward removal/remove curse tailsmans, a remove curse tali does what the remove curse spell does (removes curse, weaken, feeblemind, clumsy, strangle, blood oath, corpse skin, etc), and ward removal removes positive effects from your adversaries (bless, strength, reactive armor, protection, magic reflection, etc).

Talismans are very powerful if used properly...if not, they're negligible. I'm sure I missed some talisman functions, just hit some (or most) of the high points.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:12 pm

There are also crafting talismans that display a % chance it will increase your ability to craft an item.

Some of the special talismans give skill points such as bloodwood totem that adds +10 spirit speak and +5 necro. Then some of the library talismans that give + to taming, music etc.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Julion » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:45 pm

r they craftable?
Julion
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 2
LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Unfortunately, no.

But they are obtainable from any of the quests at Heartwood (which I think I'll have to introduce you to), as well as being found as loot on all ML monsters (especially the named monsters and the peerlesses).
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby DevilSpawn » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:06 pm

There are also "damage removal" talismans that remove dmg over time effects from you... I don't know what it does besides bleed, but if you play a template that has trouble with bleed, they pwn teh face.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 am

Damage removal is supposed to remove Mortal Strike as well, which is handy for tamers whose pets get hit with a mortal strike.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Tracy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:34 am

Remove curse removes mortal strike. The chiv spell, the enchanted apples and the remove curse tali's all remove it.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Return to Ask Dara