Suit Caps

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Postby Lara » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:41 pm

You can get to 1505 Luck, actually. Get yourself a Val or Verite hammer and punk out luckblades out of gold. If you win the lottery you will get 100 luck as a property, 40 more for the gold, and 20 more for the luckblade recipie, making a 160 luck weapon.

1505 luck

Jester hat or fisher glasses 150
lucky necklace 200
Armor of fortune 200
Pants (any) 140
Sleeves (any) 140
Gloves (any) 140
luckblade weapon 160
Vesper order shield 80
Ring 100
bracelet 100
Robe 95

Thats everything thats POSSIBLE to get in the game without it being an event item. I dont know what a spell channeling no penalty super luckblade would be worth, but there better be a castle in the deal! :shock:
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Karn » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:12 pm

WiLdMaN wrote:100% from the mods on items, and 100% from a slayer, and EoO is on a different tier all together. It doesn't seem to be a 100% increase and it stacks on top of all of this.

From Tanis Darkwood's PvM experiance killing bloods x 3,967,000 times I do about 41 damage. About 63 or so with EOO turned on. So methinks EOO is a 50% increase on your final output of damage.
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Tracy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:03 pm

It's supposed to be 100%. That would be 100% of your base damage, not counting damage increase or slayers.

So if without slayers or DI you do 21 damage, with a slayer you'll do 42, with a slayer and EOO you'll do 63.

Adding in a damage increase factor makes it more complicated, but EOO is still 100%.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Julion » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:42 pm

the assissn armour raises the ss cap by 20
Julion
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 2
LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Melkezidac » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:49 pm

i believe the fc cap for spellweaving is 4 now fyi
Melkezidac
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 pm

I believe most of these are wrong at this point. Look at the date on the original post.

I'd update it, but I'm too lazy lately (meaning busy IRL).
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sir William » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:30 pm

were did you get the data....I'll update it if you telll me were you got the data.

Side note FC and FCR caps are bogus. It all depends on the day. IMO. Some days I cast really fast other days I cast slow. No difference in suits
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Sounds more like a connectivity issue to me than anything else.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Julion » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:45 pm

The fc\fcs used to be consident.
I noticed the same thing when i came back as Sir william did. Was just afraid of the reponse that i would get.
the interuption factor has a wild card in it. Before i left if u had a real fast cast spell (lesser heal with fc2 or close wounds with fc4) they had to have it perfect to interupt.
now it happens all the time.
I also been told that there is no cap on fc for spell weavers.
A highly relyable sourse.

PS Jr this is to me the single most important post on this sight.

Should we try to start a new thread to gather current data?

Ghost or Dara if either of u have time to update this let mer know.
those r the two guys that can make the end results sticky.
Doin't know where Jr's admin abilitys end.
Julion
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Sir William » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:35 pm

So how do you get the data??
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Julion » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:41 pm

this was writen when uostratics was reliable.
If u go there now it says that Jr.'s data is still accurit.
after that we got to start looking at patch notes from the time of the post.
Next is where things get dicey.
OSI(yes i know they don't own this anymore, but ea acts the same.) has a habbit of 'ballancing' pvp. When they do this they have also have a habit of not telling us what was done. then forgetting about it.
deveoper forums r the best clue then.
back in the old days we called this 'the spell of the day'.

I know that they have mucked with the fc\fcr caps.
my comp is first rate on a fast broadband connection,
And i get interupeted with a warfork? no mater how i time it?
I think they got a random chance to disturb.

I still got to test some things, the dci and hci seems good.
sdi, i got no idea if it is still capped at 15 or can be raised it all.
I am sure pas can confirm the pvm elements fairly quickly.
but the pvp caps seem to be random or the effects r.

Dara if u read this would u take time to look into it?
U got a way of boilling things down.
I will get u access to a account if u need it.
Julion
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Tracy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:53 pm

As for end results, I have full admin, so sticky, edit (other peoples' posts), delete threads, delete entire forums, create new forums, assign moderators, etc.

Problem is I haven't been checking the forums a lot lately and haven't been playing much at all.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Maldar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 pm

So is there an updated chart anywhere (Stratics, UOGuide, etc.)? With my skills (or lack thereof.......cut me some slack, I'm an old fart), I really need to try to put together top-quality suits on all of my characters. I LOVE making things.........from my years of being a "loner" in game after KtL (Keepers of the Light) collapsed around 6-7 years ago.....and would like to know just what I can shoot for while crafting.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Re: Suit Caps

Postby DevilSpawn » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Malachai wrote:Ever want to know how much Lower Mana Cost you can put on your suit before it hits a cap? Obviously 100% lower mana cost would be overpowered - you'd never run out or even use any. Well, you've come to the right place. Following is a list of what your caps are for your suit. Anything above what's listed is overkill, and a waste of those precious mods.

Hit chance increase - 45
Defense chance increase - 45
damage increase - 100
damage increase plus slayers - 200 (meaning 100 di plus repond slayer wep plus vermin slayer talisman is overkill for ratmen, a slayer gives 100% DI for those monsters who fall in that slayer category)
Swing speed increase - no hard cap*, soft cap** of 65 (depending on weapon, highest is soul seeker with 60, plus the 5 SSI on I think the Tourmaline ring)
hit mana/stamina/life leech - 100
hit point regeneration - 18 (only pertians to regen from items. hp regen from confidence or beast form or other "innate" abilities can go above this cap)
mana regeneration - 18 (same as for hp regen, only pertains to items)
stamina regeneration - 24 (same for hp and mana regen, only pertains to items)
strength - 125 real, 150 with items/potions
dexterity - 125 real, 150 with items/potions
intelligence - 125 real, 150 with items
lower reagent cost - 100
lower mana cost - 40
faster casting - 2 for all spells (magery/bushido/ninjitsu/spellweaving/necromancy) except for chivalry, which is 4
faster cast recovery - 6 for all spells of any skill
spell damage increase - 15 for pvp, no cap for pvm (soft cap with arties and max items is 76 I think)
lower requirements - 100%
hit point increase - no cap
stamina increase - no cap
mana increase - no cap
Enhance Potions - no cap (soft cap of 120 I think)
Luck - no cap (soft cap of 1485)
Reflect Physical - no cap (soft cap of 120 I think)
Skill bonuses - no cap

Did I miss any? I might have, this list is not all-encompassing and only contains what I was thinking of at the time.

*Hard cap refers to the cap put in place by the game mechanics. While you can design your suit to have 80 lower mana cost or more, it will only have the effectiveness of 40 lower mana cost, because that is the hard cap. Anything above that is a waste.

**Soft cap refers to how much of a mod you can put into your suit by finding/equipping all items with the highest amount of that particular mod. For example, luck has no hard cap, but the soft cap of 1485 is derived from 150 from the jester hat of chuckles (or the maritime reading glasses), 200 for the lucky necklace, 200 for the armor of fortune, 140 each from enhanced arms, legs, gloves and weapon, 100 each from bracelet and ring (preferrably the ring of the elements for resists), 80 from the vesper order shield, and 95 from the robe of the eclipse (or robe of the equinox). So 150+200+200+140+140+140+140+100+100+80+95=1485. That is the soft cap, and will remain so until such time as items come out that have higher luck than what is already out. Luck used to have a hard cap of 1200 but that has been since removed.

*Edit--Who stickied this for me?--Xare*

I think FC is capped at 4 for ninjitsu.

I think HP/Stam/Mana increase are all capped at +25.

Enhance pots is capped at 50. Alchemy gives 30 more and increases the cap to 80.

Mana regen is on diminishing returns. In the hidden tavern I've got a post with a link to a calculator. It's called Gearing Your Mage and it's a sticky. I don't know what the cap on HPR and Stam Regen are, but I'm guessing they are over 12 each and may still be the same as above.

I see no new differences besides what some other people picked out about soft caps.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks, DevilSpawn, I appreciate it!
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Dara