Greater Dragon Slaying Template

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Greater Dragon Slaying Template

Postby Frostbyte » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:04 pm

I need help. I'm trying to make a character that can solo greater dragons and I am phailing miserably. This is what I have thought so far:

heal-90
chiv-80
sword-120
tact-120
parry-100
anat-110
resist-100

I want to base it around using the Dragons End artie. I can't seem to live longer than 3 or so hits at this point. I am doing this all on test server. Anyone have any tips? Maybe I just suck at playing this character. I am brand new to the world of chivalry and new age dexxers in general. Any help would be appreciated.
Frostbyte
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Shino » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:20 pm

you might want to consider some necro ( 40 or so) with that you can go into vamp form (with items) or wraith form and can cast curse weapon which alows you to leech a bunch of health per hit. also a trap box is good to get around them para ganking you
Shino
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Mile's Voice of Truth (1)

Postby Frostbyte » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:30 pm

is there anyway to reduce the fire breath damage? They are hitting me for 60 everytime without fail.
Frostbyte
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Frostbyte wrote:is there anyway to reduce the fire breath damage? They are hitting me for 60 everytime without fail.

Their fire breathe damage is based on their current hit points. So only way to reduce it (assuming you already max fire resist) is to hurt them as fast as you can. I wish i knew the formula to calculate their fire damage, but can tell you 60 damage is kind of low for an untamed dragon. They normally seem to hit me for near 80 and have been hit as hard as 110.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Frostbyte » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Yea, I can't seem to do it with a dexxer. Probably an archer, but I wanted to use the Dragons End. They cast the fire breath too often for me and I can't seem to recover from the 60-100 damage from that. All it takes is that and a lucky hit and a fire breath and I am toast. Guess I'll have to do something else
Frostbyte
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Arloth Fenir » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:13 pm

might want to do bushido instead of the resist, that way you can evade some of the spells and carry a trap box for para and petals along with apples for poison and curses.
Arloth Fenir
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Frostbyte » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:26 pm

Right now this is what I am going towards. I just went ahead and made my swordsman this build:

heal-90
chiv-80
sword-120
tact-120
parry-100
anat-110
necro-40
spirit-60

I seem to do quite a bit of damage. Enough damage that I think I can leech life fast enough to stay alive. The problem right now is I only have 100 swords and tactics and even with max HCI i dont hit the gdrags that frequently. I am not really wanting to blow the mils on the scrolls at this point because i have a lot of characters I am working on. Hopefully when I get the scrolls the difference from 100 to 120 in swords and tacts will give me the edge i need.
Frostbyte
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Tracy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:15 am

Tactics lets you hit harder. That's it.

If you are just concerned with how often your blade connects with your target, then HCI (max is 45) and your weapon skill (max is 120) are the determining factor, along with your opponent's weapon skill (wrestling), any DCI (mobs don't have DCI) and parrying (mobs don't have that, either).
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:48 am

Frostbyte wrote: I am not really wanting to blow the mils on the scrolls at this point because i have a lot of characters I am working on. Hopefully when I get the scrolls the difference from 100 to 120 in swords and tacts will give me the edge i need.

You could check with whomever is in charge of the 110s (if we still have any free to the guild) and build your swords up to 110. As Malachai points out, it is swords and HCI that effect frequency of landing blows and tactics/anatomy will increase damage.

If the formulas are still correct, with 100 swords vs average Greater Dragon has about 130, you would have 58% chance to hit with max HCI (45%). At 110 the percentage is 63%. 115 is 65% and 120 is 68%. There is just such a small gain from 115 to 120, I normally go cheap on my PvM chars and just go for 115, only opting for 120s on chars that I plan to PvP with.

The other thing you can do to increase frequency of landing blows is get Hit Lower Defense on weapon or Mace and Shield glasses. I guess would need to be Mace and Shield glasses if you still using the Dragon's End arty.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Brianna » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:22 am

i know the crafter house still has 110's free to the guild and sometimes we can swing a 115 if it was donated to the house i will check my stash and see what i have personally and let you know
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:22 am

yep we have about 12-15 of every 110 except magery and eval, if I remember correctly, at bagball, all are free to any PAS for their chars. Just holler when u see me in vent or ingame and Ill be happy to get u any that u need.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to Template discussions