Golem Training?

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Golem Training?

Postby Ciara » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:15 am

Could someone please tell me how one trains with a golem?

I have never trained with one, and I don't know how to do it. If someone could give me step by step info on this, I would be very grateful. I'm trying to train macing.

Thanks a lot!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:10 am

I have never trained with a golem, but I understand you have to get it to stop hitting you with a all stop command, I believe, then you can wack on it all you wish with no harm to self. You will have to repair it at times, a tinker can do that or [I think] a tinker repair deed.

Someone also said something about another skill being able to heal it, but I am not sure what that was, remember such things is a problems today for me, unless its is wrote down then I will forget it.

I am sure those more experience people will post here, either with a correction on my information or to say, yep thats it. Good luck with the training.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ciara » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks , Drakelord. I actually need specific info. What to do first, etc. Hopefully someone knows the correct way to do it to get it to work so it doesn't kill you or get killed itself.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Tinkered golems have very high poison resist. Originally, they always had 100% poison resist, which resulted in them not fighting back if hit with a 100% poison damage weapon, due to them never taking damage and thus not having any reason to aggro their attacker. Due to this quirk, tinkered golems became a very popular tool for training melee skills, as well as archery and magery with a -magery weapon. As this inevitably led to unattended training on golems, tinkered golems were patched to have 99% poison resist. Unfortunately, this did little to fix the problem, mostly for two reasons:

The fix was not retroactive, thus resulting in all tinkered golems existing at the time of the fix maintaining their 100% poison resist.

The fix was easily worked around with creative use of pet commands.

So use a 100% poison weapon and if you should "roll" that 1% chance of hurting the golem, thus having it attack you, just say "All stop" (might have to also invis yourself, but I don't think so) and start fighting him again.

Tinkered golems require no taming or lore skill to create, own, or control.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Ciara » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:16 pm

I needed to know , do I tell it to guard? Do I hit first or tell it to attack me then stop? I am getting hit , and the golem is taking damage, and the training is not working, so I must not be setting it up right.

Thanks.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Maldar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:28 pm

I just talked to some people trying it outside Luna and, apparently, this last patch stopped it completely. They were all killing their golems. Too bad..........it was an easy way to train, but it appears to be history. Sorry.
:(
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Maldar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:07 pm

There were four golems that were being used for training outside Luna just now, so I lored them and they all had 99% poison resist. Now I don't know if newly tinkered ones still have 99% poison resist or not. I'll go tinker one and see. These four guys all had their golems guarding them. None of these guys were being attacked back like I saw going on the other day. I'll get right back to you...
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Maldar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Hmmm......I just made a Golem and had someone Lore it for me. It has 99% Poison Resist. You have to tell it to Guard you but nobody currently training outside Luna will respond to my question of how do we train off of them......probably unattended macroing. Anywho....I have a Golem if someone wants it and can hit me up when I am in game. I won't be in game for awhile, as I am recovering from a health problem. (No, it doesn't require penicillin.) :P
Sorry I couldn't be of any help, Ciara.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Snow » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Method 2
40-120 skill - Attack a pet Golem
This method is a little bit of a trick, but is 100% legal! You will NOT get in trouble for using this trick. You can see players using this virtually every day outside of Luna. This method of training requires a few setup procedures.

Acquire a 100% poison weapon in your melee skill, or a Use Best Weapon Skill one. Make sure that the weapon you get does not have any hit spell on it. If it does, it will make this method impossible.
Acquire a GM Tinker made Golem. Hopefully you have a friend who has GM tinkering, and they can make you one. If not, they shouldn't cost too much.
Once you have your Golem, have someone with 110 Animal Lore find out what its wrestling skill is. The value of this number is revealed in the next step.
Acquire a set of +20 (or greater) jewelry in your melee skill. Your goal with this is that when you put on the jewelry, your skill should be between 10 and 20 points lower than the Wrestling on the Golem at all times. This is to maximize gains. At 40-70 skill you will likely have to use jewelry to boost your fighting skill into the proper range.
Join a guild if you are not in one already. You can also start your own which is not very costly.
Now that you have completed those four tasks, here's what you do:

Grab your Golem and stand someplace. The popular place for this training is outside the Luna bank.
Equip your weapon and jewelry. Remember your skill should be no farther than 20 below the Golem's wrestling.
Say "all guard me". This will make your golem highlight green to you.
Say "all stop". This will make the golem stop guarding you, with new pet commands you say "all follow me" and golem never attacks you and will always follow you.
Use the Context Menu on the golem and select the "kill/attack" option and target yourself, then QUICKLY press your enter button.
If you do this right, the Golem should stop attacking you right away and you should start to gain. Please be aware, you may have to go through steps 3-5 several times before it works right. If you keep getting hit, just keep using the 'all stop' command.

As your skill increases you should remove the skill enhancement jewelry as needed. Eventually you will surpass the Golem's skill. This is okay because as long as you are 20 points below or above your opponents fighting skill, you can gain your own.
Snow
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Tracy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 pm

I don't know the changes to the pet commands, but I know how I used to do it:

1: Say "All Guard Me" This tells your golem to guard you.

2: Attack your golem until you physically hit it once. It will not stop attacking you until you hit it.

3: As soon as you hit it, say "All stop", and tab out.

4: It will continue swinging at you until it gets one last hit in. If you did it right, this should be the only time it hits you. Then it will stop attacking you and will be in peace mode, and you'll start hitting it in response. That's it.

It sounds odd, but it always worked for me. Other people had a much longer sequence, not all of which I ever memorized.

Hope this helps.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Thank you Jr, thats exactly how I used to do it but I couldnt for the life of me remember how until I read your post...lol
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to Template discussions