T-hunter template

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

T-hunter template

Postby aibandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 pm

This is the template I'm thinking about.
Is shadow jump a guaranteed success on cast or does it depent on skill? If it is ninjitsu will stay 50 and chiv will be jeweled higher

1. Cartography 100
2. Snooping 90 +10
3. Stealth 100 +20
4. Stealing 110 +10
5. Hiding 100
6. Lockpicking 100
7. Ninjitsu/chiv 60/60?

Bandana
10 steal
10 snoop
10 stealth

Cloak of silence 10 stealth

When are the T-hunter changes supposed to hit?
Hope is not a strategy.
Rest In Peace SSgt. Christopher Rudzinski

Chars: Engel des todes, MaDeuce (Pronounced (mä doos), Bandit, Infidel inc, Slayer
aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby eekamouse » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:14 pm

How do you kill the mobs?

Looting the chest will reveal you :)

This mine with jewels etc...

100 Cart
100 LP
120 Music
120 Peace
120 Provoke
110 Magery
100 Fishing

Only level 6 maps are difficult. And when I do those I just go for the Marty and leave the rest :)

I used to have 90 Poisoning over Fishing, and dropped DP Poison Fields, and just Peace mobs with my 2 Earth Elementals banging away, but DP fields are 100% useless for level 6 maps.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby aibandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:33 pm

The plan is not to kill mobs but to lead them away.
I don't know how realistic this is but it seems quite possible especially with smoke bombs.
Hope is not a strategy.

Chars: Engel des todes, MaDeuce (Pronounced (mä doos), Bandit, Infidel inc, Slayer
aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:52 pm

I believe shadowjump requires you to be stealthing to attempt (not just hidden), and u will come out from hiding when digging up the chest.

My t-hunter:

(all showing modified with provo/discord jewelry)

120 provo
120 dischord
115 music
100 LP
100 cart
100 magery
108 peace

I use the gm magery to not fail a hide (time it whne the top of the chest shows, right before the monsters spawn). Then run in a direction to get distance, and hide again, then grab a bar, provo, click on target, starts a fight. I run a bit more and hide again if need be, and try to dischord the biggest baddies. Finish them with evs.

Dischord is critical for me when the solo monsters spawn as u loot, cause I do level 6 maps and sometimes that means real big baddies *smiles*.

Having stealing and snooping on the char really limits the offense, as was stated. If you use this char for a thief only every so often, you might get a couple soulstones to do that so u can free up room for 2 skills.

Peace has saved my butt more times than I can mention, and before I went provo and dischord I had to throw evs all day long to kill stuff, which didnt work with lev 6 maps :)

And remember, peace yourself for area peace, it rocks, and will stop everything thats after you with one shot.

Anyways my two cents.
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby aibandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Ahh valid point I forgot about soul stones duh...
Hope is not a strategy.

aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Don't mean to rain on your parade but I for one would be really pissed if I recall in to do a level 6 and found the spawn from previous t-hunter wandering around...it is just rude to expect someone else to clean up the mess...it is part of t-hunting...kind of an unwritten rule(and that might actually be concidered luring which is illegal)...please reconsider your approach...I will log in and post my template and I would be willing to show you how to solo them with little to no trouble...that way when I decide to do some maps I won't have to wonder if you have been there before me
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Ok my template is as follows:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
40 Meditation

If you do not have or cannot afford the 120's I recommend dumping the extra skill points into meditation as you can use all of the mana you can get...

My suit is uber too but not really necessary...I rarely get hit so resists are not really a factor...you absolutley need max fc, fcr, lmc and of course 100%lrc...I lure one monster off by itself to kill it...then I cast a rising colossus and spam mage spells...I carry a full set of super slayer spellbooks so I can be sure to do max damage...ancient wyrms are a little troublesome as they love to dispel but I have noticed that if I am spamming mage spells while my rc is attacking it seems to distract it enough to not have it dispel like crazy...if you get targetted RUN and invis then come back...I can usually knock down a level 6 solo in well under 10 minutes...
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:42 pm

on the rising colossus, is there a skill that makes it do more damage, like eval for magery etc? Or is mysticism all you need to throw a powerful one (at 120 I am assuming of course).

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 pm

you know I am unsure if focus effects it or not...i know with magery you summons wont do any more damage with eval...eval just makes it harder to dispel them
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby aibandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Damien Kilcannon wrote:Don't mean to rain on your parade but I for one would be really pissed if I recall in to do a level 6 and found the spawn from previous t-hunter wandering around...it is just rude to expect someone else to clean up the mess...it is part of t-hunting...kind of an unwritten rule(and that might actually be concidered luring which is illegal)...please reconsider your approach...I will log in and post my template and I would be willing to show you how to solo them with little to no trouble...that way when I decide to do some maps I won't have to wonder if you have been there before me

I'm sorry you feel that way but I don't agree.
The whole Idea would be to move the mobs away from the treasure point.

I don't expect someone else to clean up my mess I expect them to despawn which they will.

It's not luring, luring is much much different then someone happening upon some mobs.
Hope is not a strategy.

aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby aibandit » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:33 am

Damien Kilcannon wrote:Ok my template is as follows:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
40 Meditation

Nice build I think I might try this. I haven't used mysticism yet.
Why focus over med? I read somewhere that focus was worthless and med was better even when not meditating. I don't know if that's true or not.
Hope is not a strategy.

aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 am

Yes focus used to be useless but it is now to mysticism what eval is to magery...helps with spell power and makes your summons more difficult to dispel...rising colossus are awesome...far better than any 2 evs...lol

while i agree that luring them off would not be same as luring to get someone killed it is still not cool...but of course that is the beauty of UO...for the most part you can play it how you want to... :shock:
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby eekamouse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 am

The only problem with a Mysticism build is the level 6 maps.

Your RC's will get dispelled a lot.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 am

I don't have too much of a problem...some ancient wyrms are stubborn and dispel alot but the slayers and blood eles and whatnot rarely dispel...i have had a map spawn nothing but ele's and titans and one rc walked through them all and ate their lunch...lol...it seems if I keep the ancient wyrms busy spamming mage spells on them they don't dispel as much...i generally need 3rc's to drop one ancient

to be honest I am tempted to c/o some skills and run a bard with provo and peace again...that is the way I ran it waaaay back when I first created him...but i like this template because it is good for more than just t-hunting...i can do champ spawns, doom almost anything i want as well
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby dlwiii » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:04 am

I have been running with this:

120 Magery
120 Eval
105 Mysticism
100 Focus
100 Cartography
100 Meditation

Note no lockpicking. After I dig up the chest I run away and then return and fight the spawn. Sometimes on the same character, sometimes on a sampire or Archer. Once the spawn is cleared, I come back with a character who has lockpicking. Since the area is cleared, this is a pretty wimpy character with some magery and high lockpicking. He unlocks the chest, casts telekinesis to set off the trap, then goes home. Then I come back with the character above to loot the chest.

I then summon two earth elementals while I loot the chest. Those are generally enough to handle whatever pops out of the chest. Since it's only ever one monster, it's not too hard to defeat.

The tricky part here is logging in and out, and that darned 2-minute timer. It can take me an hour to do a level 6, but at least I can get through it solo this way. I just got a mysticism 115 scroll so hopefully things will get easier with a tougher Rising Colossus.

I also do not have mining on these characters. Most of my maps are older ones that match the runes. But when no runes are available, I just take a screen shot of the map, blow it up really big in MSPaint, and then just eyeball and dig until i find it. So far it has not been too bad. I still have not gotten any maps in Tel Mur or Ilshenar though. Most of my maps come from Miasma chests.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Return to Template discussions