Mystic Template question

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Mystic Template question

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 am

I'm going to switch Gwynblaidd over to mysticism. I'll be using her for pvm.

She is;
120 mage/eval/med
108.3 Magic Resist
100 Inscription
31.7 Focus

I've stoned her 120 wrestling and am working up mysticism.

Does she need Focus rather than Med?

(heading out of town today until Sunday), so thanks for any advice you can give me! :)

~Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby dlwiii » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 am

Eleanor, I have also shifted a necro mage to a mystic mage character recently. I have Med and Focus on him, as well as cartography, and have been using him for treasure hunting:

110 Mage
110 Eval
100 Med
105 Myst
100 Focus
100 Cart

Focus is important for mysticism, compliments it like Eval does for magery. You really want it to get a strong rising colossus, which is the main weapon for my character.

So if you can fit it, I recommend having both Meditation and Focus. But if you have to choose, then I'd recommend focus, since without it, Mysticism spells are not very powerful.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby dlwiii » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:00 am

One other thing, which I'd like feedback on from anyone with an opinion:

I do not use magic resist on any of my characters anymore. Instead, I use trapped boxes to break paralysis and enchanted apples to break curses and such. On mystic characters, I have Protection on all the time, and use Healing Stones and Cleansing Winds to remove poisons and curses.

Does anyone have strong reasons to have Magical Resistance? I hear it's important for necro fights, like in bedlam. But I just avoid the place :)
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 am

Thanks :) Food for thought, I'll be interested to see the responses to your question...
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 am

I am probably not the best one to answer this but I will weigh in with my opinion.

The only char I have resist on is my archer because she is the one that I tend to take when fighting masses of spell casting baddies. In my opinion it is invaluable in keeping her alive. Is it a must have? I think so for one major reason. I hate carrying potions and trapped boxes. I have enough macros with switching bows and chiv and bushido abilities without worrying about having macros for apples, leaves and potions.

My tamer does not need it because my pets do the fighting for me and I tend to stand back and heal with magery and spellweaving. My t-hunter does not need it for the same reason, my summons ,either ev's or colossus take the beating and with my strategy when doing them I don't get hit often. This might change though with the new t-hunting changes. I have not done any hunts yet since they made those changes.

Hope this helps!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby BadgirlXalan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Resisting Spells has its uses, mostly for fighting magic users. I keep it soulstoned in case i think ill need it, mostly for para/poison using baddies. But most of my templates have no need for it.
My main mystic uses
120 mystic/med/magery/focus/spellweave/eval. Orange petals and cleansing winds are great. I get paralyzed but its rarely deadly, you just need to get very acqainted with a Invis spell macro and learn the ways of monster revealing. I just hit invis macro, once invis hits me, i hit macro again, this almost always assures a good hiding.
Now about focus/med, my pure mystic uses both for max regeneration, because he uses dmg spells on top of his RC. My mystic thunter doesnt use med because he lets the RC do all the work and doesnt use up much mana. So far tho ive noticed that having just focus and alil suit mana regen is about enough. We can get together and look into making a good suit, perhaps a suit that can give ya some meditation skill without using the real points so you can fit all the other skills ya wants
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:10 am

Thanks for the advise and ideas everyone. I'll take you up on the offer of help with a suit once I get time to play later this week Badgirl - thanks!
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Template discussions