Strength Bonus: 1

Physical Resist: 68%
Fire Resist: 64%
Cold Resist: 66%
Poison Resist: 69%
Energy Resist: 70%

This gives me a base of:
120 hp before potion
164 stam, yes I know there is no diff between 151-180, but this way I stay at my max SSI if I get hit and lose stam.
79 Mana

What do you think?
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 pm

wow, Im not much of a pvper, but this looks very "survivable". What is your bow like?

And not to hijack the thread, but how does the SSI affect the actual time between shots? I mean, if I have a slow bow of maybe 4.25, with SSI 45, how much time would that give me per shot? And are there any other stats etc that affect the time between shots, or just SSI?

signed, pvp noob (KD)

:)
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Davind » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Using:

http://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase

It lists my time as 1.75, which is not as good as I would like it to be, but I am using a Composite Bow for the Ignore Armor.
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby Davind » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:06 pm

A Repeating Xbow would give me a 1.25, which is max
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby Maldar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Wow, Davind, that is about the sweetest suit I have ever seen!
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:46 pm

thanks a bunch for that link, Davind, I didnt think of checking uoguide for that!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Davind » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks Maldar & KD;
I worked hard on it, and thank you DS for the help.
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby Maldar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Yeah, DS is definitely the person to go to for advice when you are putting a suit together. He helped me with my mage's suit 2 or 3 years ago and I still use it.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Warden » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I first posted this reply right after the 4th post, where Davind talked about a repeating crossbow swinging at cap, but it did not go through for some reason. So here it is again, now slightly outdated...

---------------------------------------

A magical shortbow would give you max swing, too. Unfortunately, the specials suck for PvP. The specials on the repeating crossbow are better, but not as good as the compound bow, and the range is only 7 instead of 10. Those two bows are the only two faster than the compound, and you would need 84% or greater SSI to swing the compound at cap. Plus the compound's specials are probably perfect for general PvP, so I'm sure it's the best choice. Do you also pack a heavy crossbow for dismount and/or a regular bow for mortal?

By the way, the UO Guide page you linked hit some sort of cap and wouldn't show the compound swinging faster than 1.5, even at 200% SSI. In case you haven't seen it before, this Stratics page gave me the 84% figure, and is useful for comparing the different bows:

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/archery.php

What are the stats on your bow itself? Did you enhance it with ash to get 40% SSI? I'm assuming you did since you have 45% total. What are the specifics on your armor? Is it leather? And what race is your archer?

I'm mostly a PvP newb so I don't know much specific to that. The things I question are the low resists and the low DCI. The resists may seem close, but appearances can be deceiving. For example, your fire resist will let through a full 20% more damage than if it was 70%. A little DCI also seems to make a big difference in my experience, and when you cast Divine Fury you will drop to 18, or if somebody nails you with HLD, you will drop to 13 (I think.) Ouch! But again, my experience is mostly PvM, so maybe these things are ok in PvP or are good trades for the other stats you get...
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Davind » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 am

I had 5-6 COP on me stuck in the del pass with fields at both ends and it took them a good couple minutes to kill me; I'de say this suit is a success. Not to mention, I rocked King of the hill. I do need to consider adding some stam regen on it though; perhaps in the place of some +stam.
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby Davind » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 am

Composite Bow: AI
HLD 26%
Hit Lightning 40%
Balanced
SSI 40%
DI 30%

Cloak Of Death:
HCI 3%
DCI 3%
SDI 3%

Corgul's Enchanted Sash:
Stam +1
DCI 5%

Crimson Cincture:
Dex +5
HPI +10
HPR 2

Conjurer's Trinket:
Undead Slayer
Str +1
HPR 2
HCI 10%
DI 20%

Leather Tunic:
Stam +8
Mana +8
HPR 2
MR 2
LMC 5%
PR 5%
FR 11%
CR 9%
PR 11%
ER 11%

Leather Sleeves:
Stam +8
Mana +8
HPR 2
MR 2
LMC 5%
PR 7%
FR 8%
CR 11%
PR 9%
ER 12%

Leather leggings:
Stam +8
Mana +8
HPR 2
MR 2
LMC 5%
PR 12%
FR 5%
CR 8%
PR 10%
ER 12%

Leather Gloves:
HPI +5
Stam +8
HPR +2
LMC 6%
PR 9%
FR 12%
CR 19%
PR 11%
ER 8%

Leather Gorget:
HPI +5
Stam +8
HPR +2
LMC 6%
PR 7%
FR 19%
CR 8%
PR 10%
ER 15%

Valorite Circlet:
HPI +5
Stam +8
HPR +2
LMC 6%
PR 19%
FR 9%
CR 9%
PR 9%
ER 12%

Earrin of Protection (Cold):
CR 2%

Ring:
EP 25%
HCI 15%
DCI 15%
DI 25%
PR 9%

Bracelet:
EP 25%
HCI 15%
DCI 15%
DI 25%
PR 9%

I think that's all of it.
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby Davind » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks for the link Bro, I do not believe it is accurate though; It doesn't have a spot to add my Stam, which directly affects the SSI is my weapon, and is not the same as my Dex.
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

I copied your 2 posts below Davind and annoyingly inserted my comments without bolding them or anything. Good luck reading it.

Don't get stamina regen. You have balanced bows and one handed weapons (since you're a fencer too right?). Just drink refresh pots. Don't die and lose your pots and it won't be a problem. You used to be good so this won't be a problem after a few weeks or pvping.

What's your final template going to be?

Composite Bow: AI
HLD 26%
Hit Lightning 40%
Balanced
SSI 40%
DI 30%

Try a bow with hit velocity and lightning. Look at some PvPers bows in Waka or COP (preferably someone that isn't a fail (it might be hard to find)). They have something like...

50 lightning (or fireball)
50 velocity
40 SSI
balanced
1 DI (Because they use an exceptional bow and have to drop DI to fit the other stats).

I'm just guessing on the numbers. That might be over cap. If so, drop velocity or fireball/lightning slightly. To get HLD with that bow, you have to use the mace and shield glasses. Also, so many people are running 60-70 DCI now. HLD doesn't even matter against those well equipped players since HLD won't drop them below (or much below) the DCI cap anyway. (mostly the good mages running this much DCI)

Cloak Of Death:
HCI 3%
DCI 3%
SDI 3%

Cloak of death sucks. Think about it in terms of imbuing weight. It's not even 100 weight if this was on jewelry. Consider the Conjurer's garb: 2 MR, 5 DCI. That's like 150 weight and provides you with stats that you want. The 5 int 3 HP robe is better too for imbue weight.

Corgul's Enchanted Sash:
Stam +1
DCI 5%

Ok. I like this sash. For pure imbue weight, the Lt guard sash is obviously better, but you need to get DCI somewhere. Consider slither, fey leggings, conjurer's garb, quiver of infinity, tangle (just some common ways pvpers get DCI)

Crimson Cincture:
Dex +5
HPI +10
HPR 2

Good. Crimson is good. The only alternative is a tangle, but 25 HPI is critical on a pvp suit. (it's still attainable without a crimson, especially for a dexer and especially with your 6 imbued pieces of crafted armor)

Conjurer's Trinket:
Undead Slayer
Str +1
HPR 2
HCI 10%
DI 20%

Conjurer's trinket has great stats. One day it will screw you. The Waka mages know that bad archers wear conjurer's trinkets. If the mage polymorphs into an orc or whatever (or better yet, equips big magik flippers) they will do like double dmg to you (because of that slayer reverse/counter thing) and you'll get owned in 1 combo. There's a bug to wear the flippers while mounted too, so don't think "but if they go on foot to be in orc form ill own them". You're wrong. Consider the new mana phasing orbs or a slither... or going faction.

Leather Tunic:
Stam +8
Mana +8
HPR 2
MR 2
LMC 5%
PR 5%
FR 11%
CR 9%
PR 11%
ER 11%

Leather Sleeves:
Stam +8
Mana +8
HPR 2
MR 2
LMC 5%
PR 7%
FR 8%
CR 11%
PR 9%
ER 12%

Leather leggings:
Stam +8
Mana +8
HPR 2
MR 2
LMC 5%
PR 12%
FR 5%
CR 8%
PR 10%
ER 12%

Leather Gloves:
HPI +5
Stam +8
HPR +2
LMC 6%
PR 9%
FR 12%
CR 19%
PR 11%
ER 8%

Leather Gorget:
HPI +5
Stam +8
HPR +2
LMC 6%
PR 7%
FR 19%
CR 8%
PR 10%
ER 15%

Valorite Circlet:
HPI +5
Stam +8
HPR +2
LMC 6%
PR 19%
FR 9%
CR 9%
PR 9%
ER 12%

Why a metal hat? I guess for the resists. Assuming you're human, you lose your 20 med when you have this on, I think. Do circlets have that effect? Why not the HLD hat or the spirit of the totem? Or that new Helm of Vengeance?

Earrin of Protection (Cold):
CR 2%

Ring:
EP 25%
HCI 15%
DCI 15%
DI 25%
PR 9%

If you dropped HPR on some of your pieces and got resistances where they need to be, you could get +int/dex/str in the slot that you used for resists here. You could also use a hat with HCI to get stats on your jewelry (or just to get more HCI). You might be able to reach 180 potted stamina this way, 150 hp, or more mana to chain more specials. You might also be able to get 5 SSI on your ring if you had resists elsewhere. You have to pick what you want on your jewelry. I see a lot of people running what you've got but with like 4 int instead of the resist.

Bracelet:
EP 25%
HCI 15%
DCI 15%
DI 25%
PR 9%

Same as the ring

Balanced
Defense Chance Increase: 38% (this is low, but you can't increase it without changing a lot of your suit. I'd look at fey leggings or slither if you can afford it. 38 isn't terrible though, especially if you have a good connection, don't fight in chokes, and spam disarm like all the dexer heroes)
Damage Increase: 100%
Swing Speed Increase: 45% (you're using the 5 SSI cloak? Cool.)
Hit Chance Increase: 43%
Hit Lightning: 40%
Hit Lower Defense: 26%
Lower Mana Cost: 34% (40 here is easy with less HPR on your suit if you want it)
Hit Point Regeneration: 16 (Why do you prioritize HPR? I think it sucks. You could also make your whole suit out of wood then enhance it with bloodwood to get 2 "free" HPR. This is easymode with the new item you can buy from the gamecodes place. If you don't care about your 20 human med (or you're an elf), then wood armor is definitely the way to go.... higher resists, free HPR...)
Mana Regeneration: 6 (this is bad and it's going to screw you)
Hit Point Increase: 25 (great)
Stamina Increase: 49 (this is good, but is higher than I am used to seeing on pvp suits--it's so high because you didn't use any artifacts for your main armor pieces)
Mana Increase: 24
Enhance Potions: 50%
Spell Damage Increase: 6%
Dexterity Bonus: 5
Strength Bonus: 1 (Think about how much +stats you'd have with 4 dex or whatever on each piece of jewelry, royal guard sash, crimson, and a spirit of the totem or mace and shield reading glasses)

Physical Resist: 68%
Fire Resist: 64% (avorian is right. <3 the mathsz. Also, I know it doesn't get used that often, but corpse skin is going to, well, its going to be really bad, like, so bad that once they find out you have under 70 base fire resist, you'll seriously die while on screen with a good mage in 2.4 seconds, but if you're good with the apples and choose when to use them and when to run properly, you'll probably be fine)
Cold Resist: 66%
Poison Resist: 69%
Energy Resist: 70%

This gives me a base of:
120 hp before potion (potted up you still don't have 150 HP. 150 is critical. People design characters to deal as much damage as possible in a tiny window of opportunity. It's easy to deal 120 damage in 2.5 seconds of on-screen time with an opponent with the right template. It's hard to deal 150 damage in 3.5 seconds. Get it?)
164 stam, yes I know there is no diff between 151-180, but this way I stay at my max SSI if I get hit and lose stam. (I think this is a fine number)
79 Mana (This is barely reaching the threshhold for "enough" mana for a pvp dexer. You don't have max LMC and you only have 6 MR. You're not going to be able to kill anyone good with only 79 mana and you'll have to wait too long to get your mana back up for a 2nd kill attempt for this to work.)

What do you think?

I think it's a good start. I'm sure you'll have a chance against almost everyone you fight. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun and kill some people... and I'm pretty sure it's one of the better dexer suits in PAS.

You need a heavy crossbow or I'll think you're a scrub forever. Use a live mount (swamp dragon or lesser hiryu or faction war horse or dread war horse or cu depending on your template/faction affiliation). Figure out how to make the macro (or 2-3 macros if you like) that equip your heavy, toggle dismount special, get off your mount, fire your bow to dismount the target, call your pet, and remount it if you failed to dismount.

You need a normal bow for mortal and paralyzing blow. If you just have a warfork and a comp you're basically useless in team fights and I won't heal you.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Warden » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 pm

DevilSpawn wrote:If you just have a warfork and a comp you're basically useless in team fights and I won't heal you.

I cracked up when I got to this. DS, you're never one to mince words. :lol: By the way, though the circlets are metal, they are all medable even without the "mage armor" mod on them.

Thanks, Davind and DS, for the detailed replies. I learned a ton about PvP suits in a short time.

Davind, my first thought was, if you are an elf, going with woodland armor like DS mentioned. My sampire currently wears it, and it's ridiculously easy to get high resists with it. By enhancing with bloodwood after you iumbue it (using one of the tools, of course) you get 2 HPR for free on each piece as a 6th mod, which really opens up more imbuing possibilities. Plus bloodwood gives a ton of fire resist, so making your suit corpse-skin-proof is easy, at least as far as fire damage goes. CS also lowers your poison resist, but I don't think that's as important as fire resist...? DS, can you clarify?

Even if you stick with leather (or are human), if you enhance the armor pieces with the barbed or horned leather after imbuing, you can get the resists higher than any other way while leaving the most room for other mods.

But that's not at all to say it's a bad suit--just possible directions to go in the future. I know that suit cost quite a bit (the seeds of renewal alone would break most banks) and I bet it was money well spent. I look forward to hearing the stories of the schmoes you snipe. :twisted:

Oh, almost forgot. As for that Stratics page, yes, dex is different from stam, but on that page they actually seem to use the dex you enter in as though it was stam. I simply enter my stam there and I think (though I always wonder about the accuracy of Stratics info when I see how outdated some pages are), but I think that the swing speed calculations are correct.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Davind » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 pm

LOL wow; well, I used your PM to me to build my suit, guess it's back to the drawing board..:(

I like the idea of going Elf and using the wood armor; I might just do that, and as for you not healing me, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, you crack me up man!
Davind
Healer
Healer

Next

Return to Template discussions