Respite in New Magincia: Part 1

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

Respite in New Magincia: Part 1

Postby BadgirlXalan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:34 pm

"Citizens! Brothers, Sisters! Stand together as we prepare to change our world for the better! For too long we have sat idly by as the wealthy of the land have kept us blind to their treachery!" shouted a man in dirty clothing as Niela'ras landed. Her recall rune had taken her to a large plaza on the recently restored island of Magincia. Filthy protesters, all talk. Niela'ras thought as she slung a large bag over her shoulder and continued towards her destination. The city was in upheaval, like many others. The land approached total anarchy in the days of no king or queen. Piles of burning trash littered the once beautiful streets of the island and the smell was beginning to make Niela'ras nauseous. A ruler dies and the simpleminded humans fall apart... Thought Niela'ras, stepping over a sleeping vagrant as she entered her destination. A finely etched sign swung in the ocean breeze with the words "Lotus Armory" carved upon it. A small teenage girl sat before a large boiling soulforge wearing a shimmering red kimono and kasa. A gray cat lay sleeping on her lap as she stitched a fine leather tunic. A red leather mempo with a floral pattern painted upon it covered most of her scarred face. Poor girl... Niela'ras thought as she approached.

"Hail Jade." Niela'ras said as she sat the large bag at her feet. "Is the old one around?"
"Hiya Niel! Whoa what happened to you!" Jade exclaimed as she jumped up to inspect Niela'ras. The cat let loose a high pitched whine having been jarred from his sleep.
"I'm fine, I'm fine. It's merely my armor that is damaged." Niela'ras replied.
"Ugh! You reek of sulfur! What were you fighting this time?" Jade said as she reeled from the smell.
"Nothing I couldn't handle of course. Where is Carnes?" She answered as the cat began climbing onto the large sack at her feet.
"Oh he's off meeting with the Evilbow clan, something about more trouble in Ilshenar." Jade responded as she returned to her sewing.
"Must not be too much trouble if he is calling on the likes of them." Niela'ras mumbled under her breath. The cat turned towards her and growled.
"Mystie! You be nice!" Jade exclaimed.
"Mystie? You named your cat after that worthless thief?" Niela'ras responded as she shooed the cat away.
"Worthless?! Last I checked my head was fetching 5 million gold!" The cat spoke as it jumped down to the floor. A small puff of smoke enveloped him as his body changed into that of a young elf in a dark green shroud.
"Nice trick, but does the old man know your here? I doubt he would be happy to have a thief like yourself near Jade." Niela'ras said turning her back to the elf.
"It's not like that, I'm just getting repairs, this is a Armory after all." Mysterion smirked.
"I see, do you always sleep on the lap of the tailor doing your repairs?" Niela'ras quipped back.
"Uh well you see..." Mysterion stammered and hung his head as Jade giggled.
"He's my bodyguard." Jade spoke. "You've seen the way the towns are getting, I'd be defenseless without my fearless cat bodyguard."
"I'd fend off an army of balrons before I would let anything harm Jade." Mysterion said sternly. Jade's eyes teared up as she locked eyes with him.

"Perhaps I should come back later." Niela'ras spoke, breaking the silence.
"Oh sorry, you needed to speak with Carnes. Let me go get him for you." Jade stated as she dried her eyes. "Let me find the rune."
Jade pulled a thick book from her pack and turned the pages until she reached her target entry. She closed the book as she spoke. "Kal Ort Por." A glittering light surrounded her as she slowly disappeared.
Mysterion and Niela'ras sat in silence for a moment, the sound of protesters echoing on the island breeze.
"You two seem quite fond of each other. I hope your treating her right." Niela'ras finally spoke.
"I'd give up everything to be with her but shes afraid of how Carnes would take it. He still thinks shes a child." Mysterion said as he stared at the floor.
"Well, she has been through a lot." Niela'ras stated.
"I know, she still wakes in the night screaming her sisters name. She tells me she has nightmares of the fire." He said as he sat down upon a small rustic bench.
"She's young, she will grow past it." She spoke as a flash of aether ripped open a moongate outside the front step. Energy crackled as Jade and an elderly gargoyle stepped out of the gate. The gate dissipated as the pair walked into the shop.

"Greetings Niela'ras, the abyss treated you well I presume?" The gargoyle spoke.
"Indeed Carnes. I highly recommend it." Niela'ras replied as she kicked over her bag. A large red claw tumbled from the bag. "I brought you a souvenir."
"Ah, the great Slasher. Was he at least a challenge?" Carnes joked.
"Surprisingly weak for a Lord of Demons. I fear I will never find a true challenge." Niela'ras responded sternly.
"Well now, perhaps your challenge has shown itself." Carnes stated as Niela'ras focused upon him. "It seems the great Exodus has shown attempts of reentering our realm. I have already informed the Evilbow clan and they are preparing to move out with the People's Army. They could use your assistance."
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Ciara » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 am

Great story! I look forward to Part 2!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Respite

Postby Luvs Harmony » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Wow! You have such a gift for writing. I love the story so far. The thief turned cat took me by surprise. I had to read that part a couple of times before it sunk in. Very clever! Can't wait for the next part.
Luvs Harmony
Wizard
Wizard

Mastica's Light of Love (1)

Postby BadgirlXalan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:08 pm

the next part will bridge the gap between this part and the battle of exodus. We will meet a few more of my characters and we will find out the back storys of most my main chars :P

Who knows, there maybe a few PAS members who find their way into the exodus story ;D
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Loving it....
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to Role Players