Jousting

Have an idea for a new event or an old one you'd like to see revived, but can't ever remember to bring it up at the guild meetings? Then post it here!

Jousting

Postby David Carusoe » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:49 pm

Someone else suggested this in one of our guild meetings a while back and I have been thinking about it ever since. I have worked it all out I think. I would be willing to redesign a floor in my house to be able to do this. We would use Luna Lances (they are UBWS) and I would be willing to LOAN two of my chargers for this event as well as supply the Luna Lances. I was also thinking that maybe I could make two sets of GM plate armor as well so everyone will be on even terms there.

Basically, it would work like this:
Two people would face off at either end of the lists. Then select the dismount Special Ability and run toward each other.

Scoring would go something like this:
If one person is dismounted then the other gets point.
Both people dismounted neither score.
And of course if neither are dismounted then no one scores.
Go for the best 3 out of 5.

The reason for the chargers is so no one gets benefits from riding things like the swamp dragons. I don't know if other mounts give any bonuses or not. The reason for the Luna Lances is so everyone has the same weapon and it can only go by skill.

If anyone is interested in this idea then please let me know. Of course we would need to have something for the winner of the tourney. If any part of this won't work or doesn't make sense then please let me know.
David Carusoe
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:10 pm

i have built a house design one time for Jousting, but never got very popular did like to events of it but i would help with house designs... i know a lot more tricks now than before 8)
Ghost
PAS WebMaster
PAS WebMaster

Medals: 2
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)
Discord ID#: Ghost_TTT#7498

Postby David Carusoe » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:22 pm

Cool...I will have to get ahold of you if anyone shows interest in this....

I was also thinking that for the prize we could just charge an entry fee...Winner takes all type of thing...
David Carusoe
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Sounds Cool

Postby Irwin Hunter » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:11 pm

I like it, but have to different types. Limited and an Unlimited event. In the limited, it is equal equipment, and the Unlimited is BYOS.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Sounds Fun!

Postby Eldritch » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:33 pm

Many years ago I participated in a series of Jousts at Ironwood near Skara Brea. Back then we didn't have lances or whatnot so I think we just went by whomever hit the hardest. That and I think we had a no healing rule or something.

Anyway, it was fun and definately something to do.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Eldritch of Sonoma
Player of Veluria, Lucretia and Eldritch of PAS
Eldritch
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Arloth Fenir » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:34 am

ever know any of the Arcadian first and only Eldritch?
Arloth Fenir
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Hmmm

Postby Eldritch » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:10 am

Arloth Fenir wrote:ever know any of the Arcadian first and only Eldritch?

I certainly remember the guild but I can't say that I was closely aquainted with any of it's members.

I think at the time of the Jousts I was in the ShadowClan (SHC)(which was a splinter group of KP) and then later I joined the Knights of Balaklava (KB) and then the Knights of the Phoenix (KP). I fought in the shard war battle at Trinsic with KB as an ally of PAS. Was the Arcadian First alligned with Lich Soulstealer for that battle?

Old times, old times indeed.
:)
Eldritch of Sonoma
Player of Veluria, Lucretia and Eldritch of PAS
Eldritch
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Kat_Coral » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:05 am

:?: might be fun to start the king's hero with a joust as they did in the old days.
ImageImage
Kat_Coral
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:19 am

That sounds like fun to me, I am all for this idea. :shock:
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:51 pm

ah the good old days of shard wars.

We got beat at the Battle of Trinsic, for several reasons, like the other side started early, before we could get anyone in place rofl ... we let them have it tho.

Then the battle of Jhelom was the most lopsided shard war battle I ever saw. I believe it was KB that refused to meet with PAS and other allied guilds to discuss strategy against 1st. Unfortunately, then gated into Jhelom right into the middle of 1st, and were picked off as they walked out of their gates.

That meant we lost about 1/4 of our troops before the big battle started. So about 25 PAS and others were with me at the northern Jhelom isle, waiting for 1st to land at the docks south of us to begin combat.

We waited, waited, no reports from scouts, then finally I got everyone outta their defensive positions, and told em to line up around the perma gate, we were gonna go looking for them ..... and just as I was about to spit out the words OK GO PAS! .... a 1st member came thru that gate, and all hell broke loose ...

Kinda like the end of Wing Commander, where the enemy ships all came thru the jump gate, one at a time, to the entire fleet firing on each one. Was a landslide, they lost like 24 players, we lost not a single player.

They never could tell me why they went thru that gate rather than gating to the docks like we agreed (our guys had to stay 2 screens away from docks till their force finished gating in before attacking them, although we could have hidden scouts).

Oh well, that was a nicer battle than Trinsic. *grins*

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby kelvin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:29 am

sounds like great fun hurry up with it would ya :D
kelvin
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Postby Atta Kquast » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:24 am

I was some reading some old PAS Elder scrolls, and came across this scrap....Those crafty Elders did have some fun in those days...

---------------------------------------

Jousting Tournament Rules

Main Jousting Rule (they are part of Peace and War)
1. No spells, bandaids, or pots and other types of dismounting items (artifact items are banned).
2. All rideable mounts are allowed.

Jousting of Peace
1. Gm (nonrunic armor/sheild) must be worn (no jewlery)
2. A lance will be provide that will have 50 LR and UBWS.
3. After 3 rounds, if no winner is determine, one more round shall be allowed. After that round and still no winner is determined than it will be a tie.

Jousting of War
1. All armor, weapons are at your disposal!
2. After 3 rounds and no winner can be determined both opponents shall have the option to dismount and attack their opponent until one yields or is dead. (looting is NOT allowed)

Jousting Scoring
1. Knock the opponent down = 1 point
2. Neither knocked down = 0 point
3. Both knocked down = 0 point

How to Joust

1. First you must be properly dressed for round, depending on if it is WAR or Peace rule.
2. After that you will be called fourth and take your position in the North wing or South
3. Then have the dismount button active and click on your opponents health bar
4. The Person in Center will than begin count down 3, 2, 1, Charge.
5. When you see word Charge, charge at your opponent, if neither of you are knocked down, then you will turn about and charge again.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Vin Decatur » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:59 pm

Velly interesting thread.

Back before Jack Tallow deserted Sosaria and Maddwg went insane(r), they were planning a Jousting Event. They were debating whether to have naked jouisting or to allow GM armor. Of course they were leaning to the naked kind since they hoped to lure some unsuspecting ladies to the event.

I think a jousting event would be a blast.

I'm also thinking of drumming up some more of their ideas and see who might be interested.

One of the rules of the Raconteurs demand that money not be kept in quantity, so I may be having some silly events with overly large prizes.

Oh, here's one for the attentive. First person that posts a pic of them kissing a dragon while naked gets 100k. (A pic of you nude, with the word kiss overhead while naked. Oh and you have to be alive. No cheating, for cheaters sucketh.) EDIT: Must be a member of PAS or an ally.

Vin
Raconteur of PAS
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Tracy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:55 pm

hehe!

Did you say we could ride our mounts?
And does it have to be a wild dragon?
You never said one way or the other...

I just assumed you meant the more deadly of the two and went mountless to destard!

Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:15 pm

No fair! I was gonna do a swamp dragon!! BOO! HEHE.... maybe he meant Rend instead?

Nice!
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Next

Return to Event Ideas