Trade missions and compassion runs

Talk about anything that's clean.

Trade missions and compassion runs

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:45 am

I seem to remember a conversation in ventrilo about helping the towns with PAS mayors by doing trade missions.

I see tonight's event is trade missions and compassion runs.

I know compassion is gained by taking NPCs to UO cities, and compassion affects other people you resurrect (higher compassion, higher health points a resurrected char starts with).

Do compassion runs help towns also, or just trade missions (and can we help towns in other ways too)?

Can someone also walk me through trade missions, and tell me advice on how to help the towns the most?

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Re: Trade missions and compassion runs

Postby Ciara » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Compassion does not help the towns. It helps us rez people with higher health for them, depending on which of the three levels of compassion you have. It is excellent to have high compassion.

Trade deals do help the towns get gold, but not a lot of gold per mission. Drakelord is very skilled at these trade missions, and I'm sure can show you all you need to know. Some folks on Sonoma have had a hard time keeping their town stones in funds. I don't have the time to run trade missions in the quantity needed to keep the town buff operative, so I have just been giving gold to the town herald to keep Vesper trade buff in place. We recently learned that buying a town title such as Knight up to Duchess gives gold to the town, so I paid for this terms town buff by acquiring the title Duchess of Vesper for Lavendar.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:32 pm

thx Ciara!

Which towns should we try to help currently via the trade missions?

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Ciara » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Hail KD! We will check on that at the Governor meeting tomorrow. I know Yew needed help.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:07 am

Since PAS has no events scheduled for Saturdays I put Trade and compassion as an all-day mission. As for the Cities, https://stratics.com/threads/election-results.394696/ here a link to the recent results, Moonglow, Minoc, and Vesper are PAS towns.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:18 pm

how much weekly/monthly does it take in gold to keep the city going?

I did 3 x trade missions, 1 for Minoc, 1 for Moonglow, 1 for Vesper the other day. Took me about 20-30 minutes for each and got 60k, 12k and 17k for the towns.

I figured my tamer could make a lot more gold and then donating the gold/buying a title etc would probably be faster. But I wanted to get an idea of how much each town needs in a week/month to keep things going to get an idea of whether I was really helping much.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Ciara » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Hail KD! Thanks so much for helping out our towns. It takes a whopping 2 million a week to keep the trade deal going. That is a lot of trade missions. On a shard like Atlantic with a lot of players, its not as hard to accomplish as on a smaller population shard like Sonoma. I don't have time to run enough trade missions to keep my town buff. What I did for this term in office was buy a title, as Cinderella informed me that the cost of a title goes toward the town treasury. I didn't know that. So, now Lavendar is Duchess of Vesper, and the city was funded with 50 million gold, which is almost enough to take it through this term. We believe it costs 52 million per term, 104 million a year, to keep the trade deal going.

The trade missions are interesting and fun, but if going for pure gold, I find it faster to get the gold and donate it.

Thanks for your help!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:35 pm

wholly frijoles!

How much did that title cost you (was it the entire 50 mill or was it (I hope) a discounted price)?

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Ya I just drop gold on the Herald from all my runs t hunts kills etc.. Joyce did a big donation of 20million at Moonglow a while back

Character ←Lower Loyalty Rating Title Higher Loyalty Rating→
Female Citizen Dame Baronetess Baroness Viscountess Countess Marquise Duchess
Male Citizen Knight Baronet Baron Viscount Earl Marquis Duke
Gold - 10,000 100,000 1,000,000 2,000,000 5,000,000 10,000,000 50,000,000
Loyalty - Commended Esteemed Respected Admired Adored Revered Venerated

To purchase any title you must first meet the Loyalty requirements

http://www.uoguide.com/City_Loyalty
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:57 pm

As it is Drakelord could only be a Earl
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Wow, that's insane costs :(

You would think they would factor the population on a shard into the costs to maintain the cities. Even at 25k per 30 minute trade mission, that means (if my math is right):

2 million gold / 25k = 80 trade missions in a week. 80 trade missions x 30 minutes = 40 hours per week.

1 person - 40 hours

2 people - 20 hours

4 people - 10 hours

Sheesh so thats still 4 people spending 10 hours a week to fund it for one week. No wonder it's so easy on Atlantic vs. Sonoma.

If I recall, my tamer can farm 100k an hour. So if I played my tamer for 20 hours in a week, that money would run one town for one week.

That math sounds like the Moonglow zoo math from years ago (we needed 20 gazillion tamed dragons to bump it one level, then if we didnt get another bazillion, we go back to square one.

Hmm...

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:22 pm

ya that was my point at the Dev M&G
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Ciara » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Atlantic does not have much of a problem getting funds for the cities, having a very large population which can either donate funds or run trade deals.

Sonoma has an extremely small population compared to Atlantic, but it costs the same 2 million per week to run a trade deal.

Siege Perilous, where gold is worth 25 times what it is worth on Atlantic, and where a 15 year vet reward only sells for a few million compared to 150 million on Atlantic, is really having trouble funding their trade deals.

I don't have 10 hours a week to run the trade deals, and certainly don't have 40 hours. Some cities might not get funded on the smaller population shards.

I wrote to Messana giving the comparison of the three shards. She said they would look into this, but they have and are doing nothing. Some folks just might have to get used to the fact that some cities might not be able to afford their trade deals unless more people help out with the trade missions or the funding with gold.

Thanks for your help, KD!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Return to General Discussion