Cu Template Help

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Cu Template Help

Postby Brianna » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:05 am

basically i want to have expert advice on how to set him up because then it isn't my fault...the lucky person whom I choose will be blamed for all future failings with this pet...lol

Attributes:
Hits 568
Stamina 109
Mana 289
Strength 609
Dexterity 109
Intelligence 289

Hit Point Regeneration -
Stamina Regeneration -
Mana Regeneration -

Resistances:
Physical 63
Fire 38
Cold 74
Poison 42
Energy 83

Damage
Physical -
Fire -
Cold 50%
Poison -
Energy 50%
Base Damage 21-28

Combat:
Wrestling 67.9
Tactics 67.1
Resisting Spells 59.8
Anatomy 72.2
Healing 79.6
Poisoning -
Detecting Hidden 67.4
Hiding -
Parrying -

Lore & Knowledge
Magery -
Eval Intelligence -
Meditation 96.6
Necromancy -
Spirit Speak -
Mysticism -
Focus 100.0
Spellweaving -
Discordance -
Bushido -
Ninjitsu -
Chivalry -

Slot 3=>5

On a serious note though I messed up my first cu and this is just like building a suit it is an area where i seem to fail miserably at often so please please please help me out

Thank you,

Lady Brianna and her ice white cu
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Re: Cu Template Help

Postby Pharon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:54 am

Ok I read a thread on this on Stratics and now I cannot find it.

First Train (3->4)

Resists: This varies depending on your Cu's natural resists. most likely you will have high cold/energy which messes with the rest of your resists. Cap is 365 total. Advice is keep Phys/Fire high and sacrifice points in Poison. I think only specialized pets need a high poison skill.

HP - this is a huge point sink - I find that 800 has been sufficient on both my CU's and my Mares - Especially if you are going to go 120 parry/healing on them - it should be fine. ( I do HP last on my first training and usually have to spend some points from second training to get to 800)

STR = 700

DEX and STAM - Cap these.

BUILDS:

I think the best all around Cu build is Chivalry and Armor Ignore - Nothing else. Remember the more abilities you give them, the more they try to use something that is not Armor Ignore. Which is usually just not as good as Armor Ignore.

I see a lot of disco cu as well - mine is still training so I cannot say

4->5

BASE FREAKING DAMAGE!!! DONT FORGET THIS!!!

MANA MANA MANA
Cu's use A LOT more mana than you think they do, and remember their heal uses mana, as do any special abilities and magical abilities (even Disco) - 1000 mana is the minimum for my Cus. 30 Mana regen is the goal - but you might not be able to reach that. And the base MR for a Cu is lower than it is for a mare or other more "magical" pets.

Higher int = more MR as well. But I dont sacrifice a lot of points to int, try to have it around 300.

Remember INT does not = Mana pool on pets

Stamina Regen - You don't need a ton here (I go around 6)

Scrolls - Now you may have a lot of scrolls for your Cu - 120 Wrestling/Tactics costs a lot of training points so you may have to adjust on mana Regen and possibly INT/Stam

Basically My Advice (not a expert, read one thread trained up 6 or so Cu)

HP 800
Stam 150
Mana 1000

STR 700
DEX 150
INT 300 (ish)

Magical Ability (Chiv or Disco my preference)
Armor Ignore

120 whichever skills you have scrolls for
Pharon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Blackstaff Medal of Spiritualy (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1)

Postby Rhett Iri » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 pm

First, I would recommend training your pet on named daemons until dexterity & stamina hit 125. This is also a pretty good way to farm gold with a 3 slot cu as your pet will need minimal healing from you (allowing you to loot freely). The spawn can be a little slow at times, try not to fall asleep (spoken from experience). My favorite spot for this is in Wind, North of the Lich spawn. Hythloth also has a room where 2 named daemons spawn and there's the roof at daemon temple.

In the first round of customization, I would recommend setting this pet's resists at 80/80/74/48/83. Raise strength and HP to 700 but do not raise int. Add your 120 Healing scroll. I would bump dex and stamina from 125 to 150 and then max HP Regen at 20. I would also be able raise Mana regen to 15 and then put the remaining points into Mana (411 if my math is correct) to complete this round. Your pet will now officially be a beast. Pound away at Artic Ogre Lords until wrestling & tactics are in the 90's (or 100 if you want). Then fight Rotting corpses to raise healing to 90+. Your pet will probably be ready for the next round of customization before healing hits GM.

In the second round of customization, raise damage per second to its max. Do this first so you don't forget and then curse yourself forever. Most people put Armor Ignore as a special move. I think that Disco is the most powerful magic you can add to a Cu. A lot of people add Chivalry but that limits where you can use your pet as it will cast Holy Light next to friendlies. Mysticism and Spirituality have great animations but, my opinion, they do not work as well as Disco or Chivalry. Add your 120 Disco scroll next.

Apply power scrolls for wrestling, tactics, anatomy and parry next. 120's are great if you can get them, 115's work well if 120's are unavailable. I regret having used 110's on Cus. It seems to take them forever to take down bosses/paragons and they tend to die when swarmed. You can try to run up to then, cast invis, mount them and then run away when this happens, but if the swarm has multiple magic casters, well you know what happens next.

Add resist and focus power scrolls next. Meditation can help recover your pets mana, but it only seems to work well when the pet is not in combat so its not my favorite skill to raise on a Cu. Bump mana regen to the max, you will be glad you did as cu's are notorious for running out of mana (because of bleed attack). I like to raise mana to 500 and then put the remaining points into HP (727 if my math is correct).

Other guild mates will should critique this build. Ciara/Raven would be a good source of info; also check out the the recommendations by Donovan on the Stratics Pet Training Forum.
Rhett Iri
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Pharon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 pm

For training I much prefer crazed mages in 5th level shame. Even a fresh Cu can be healed through their damage easily. Usually gains stop between 50-60% on them, at which point with Cus you can go straight over and pull out an unbound ev. The cu has natural high energy resist and can be easily vetted.

On a 3 control slot cu you get about 1.7% per gain and can easily go from 3-4 in one power hour.

On a 4 control slot cu you get 1.25% per gain and it is not much longer.

If you feel like you are stuck in shame you can go to Allosaurus in Eodon to finish up, this is a bit harder because they do poison damage. BUT they give great gains.
Pharon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Blackstaff Medal of Spiritualy (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:43 pm

awesome information, everyone!

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Rhett Iri » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: My bad, I got off topic while trying to give pet training advice.

I started out trying to recommend that she raise her pet's dex & stamina to 125 before changing it to 150 in phase 1 customization. This saves a few training points (vs. going from 109 to 150).

I realize now that the point I was trying to make was lost in all the other stuff I brought up. Sorry for the confusion caused by TMI.

Personally, I like to raise Cu's combat and magical skills to near GM levels between round 1 & round 2 of customization; but that's a separate topic.

Brianna had already trained her Cu to 100% using the Crazed Mage technique everyone mentioned above. It is the fastest way to get through training phases, hands down.
Rhett Iri
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Return to Template discussions