Is Chiv any good at all anymore? AND Thrower Template

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Is Chiv any good at all anymore? AND Thrower Template

Postby Pharon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:35 am

*Two Threads in One*

So my main question is Enemy of One - On my Sampire this adds absolutely 0 damage. I have tested heavily on Cu Sidhes, Miasma and Blood Ellies. Enemy of One adds no damage at all. Is this because I am DI capped?

And since I can make 100% elemental slayers Consecrate Weapon is not worth it.

Mysticism seems to have a better heal/poison/curse removal spell.

I can res better with bandages.

What is the role of Chiv now?

**Thrower Template Input**

I am thinking of either doing Mystic Thrower or Necro Thrower. But cant decide which would be better. I am assuming a mystic will be better soloing and a Necro would be better for sustained damage in a group. Just cant decide. Anyone have input?
Pharon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Blackstaff Medal of Spiritualy (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1)

Re: Is Chiv any good at all anymore? AND Thrower Template

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm

KD has Chiv 80, he uses it for mini-self-heals and self cures. I haven't tested it in a few years, but I added it because the heal and cure went significantly faster than magery heal and cure.

I also like having dispel evil to get rid of folks' "yellow" on their health bar (cant recall right now what the spell is that some monsters throw that prevents heals and cures till the yellow goes away.

*quits rambling*

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:46 pm

At higher levels of chiv, holy light is a great spawn spell, but mysticism nether cyclone is better (albeit at 5x the mana cost).
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Rhett Iri » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Regarding Throwing templates:

I've been experimenting with building and playing a Wraith Samurai thrower (AKA Wammy). Progress has been slow so far, but damage per throw is fairly pretty impressive with Honor, Enemy of one and lighting strike (at 100 throwing, tactics & anatomy).

Spirit Speak and Necro fill out the build. I have read that with Legendary skills (Throwing, Tactics, Anatomy, Chivalry & Bushido) along with a Slayer Weapon; damage can be as high as 300+ per hit. Sounds too good to be true but worth testing.

I still have a lot to learn about this build, but as I understand it, the key is to get as much SSI, HCI and Mana Leach as possible so that you can spam lighting strike continuously. Hit Point Leach, curse weapon & SS replace healing. Bushido replaces parry and Resist. I will attach the notes I have copied from various posts regarding this build.

Regarding Chivalry, my experience is that Enemy of One with a slayer and enhanced with materials matching lowest resist can do a ton of damage. Undead Slayer Bronze Diamond Mace with a 120 Macer can one hit Lichs consistently. Lich Lords die with 2-3 Hits. I am biased though, because I really like Chivalry spell animations and sounds.
Rhett Iri
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Rhett Iri » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Update: I replaced throwing with swordsmanship.
Rhett Iri
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Pharon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Can I ask why you made the switch and how it is working out for you?

I must say I am not a big fan of throwing, it seems super unreliable and managing the range is something I am just not interested in doing, I guess I am lazy.
Pharon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Blackstaff Medal of Spiritualy (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1)

Return to Template discussions