discord went bye bye

Look here for major updates and announcements

discord went bye bye

Postby tiger » Thu May 31, 2018 2:05 pm

error tryin to run this, dara might remember the fun we had trying to get it to work the first time. same exact thing again.
tiger
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Re: discord went bye bye

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Overall I love it and will not miss Vent, but I am having to uninstall reinstall and set for admin every day to hear people talk, I am not going to use ICQ anymore except to message people outside the guild on other shards.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Cinderella » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:10 pm

ya its getting a lil bit annoying. I only have to reset it every time I restart the computer.
I don't think I will be using ICQ that often either.
Cinderella
Former Entrusted First Lady
Former Entrusted First Lady

Medals: 2
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Ciara » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:41 am

Icq is still my preferred method of communication. I guess I can try to learn to use discord. Nice that the program has that feature as well as the voice, and especially nice that it is not costing someone for us to keep it.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:10 am

6-2-180001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:08 am

I think Thoth may have figured out last night why some folks are having issues with discord. Drakelord posted the task manager - startup tab that defaults to discord starting up automatically whenever anyone boots up their computer. This causes some issues like Tiger and Violet seem to be having. By disabling that discord startup, it appears to fix the issues folks were having. Violet, for example, kept seeing discord without "start as administrator" even though she set it right on her desktop. It's because when she booted, the discord in startup started with no administrator rights. So it seemed to be losing the start as admin feature.

If this fixes the discord issues some people were having, please post here to confirm that theirs now works for them (so we can hopefully get everyone into discord so they dont have issues).

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby VioletJo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Tonight I cant get in again and my son isn't around to help me..
sorry guys I'm getting exhausted in not talking...lol
VioletJo
PAS First Lady
PAS First Lady

Medals: 3
Seth Medal of Compassion (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:05 am

Well Jo you were in the game yesterday and talking so is the problem fixed for you?
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Return to Major Announcements