DOOM !

Look here for major updates and announcements

DOOM !

Postby tiger » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:45 pm

ok, I have no problem dieing 8-10 times, but the real deal is this, we had no chance in hell to kill a df.i still want to go there.i hope the next time that we have more dexers and a lot more healers and rez folks.it just dos not make sense to go there if we are not loaded for bear. it would also be nice if the rez folks had compassion, getting rezed with near 0 hit points just get you rez killed . quickly. some much for my thoughts on this.
tiger
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Re: DOOM !

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:52 am

yeah maybe we need to just set a limit .. if we dont have 6 dexxers and 4 mages, we change and do another event that night. There are plenty of other events that we don't get to do because of the limited number of events we can do each month.

The archers and tamers and other chars are incredibly helpful for the rooms, but with the DFs, they are limited due to the mobility of the DFs and how they now fight us.

For those that have not been with us to gauntlet recently, anyone that attacks the DF and then moves creates undead spawn because the DF throws bones that become spawn if the player takes even one step. The DF throws so many more bones these days, so the spawn quickly gets out of hand. The dexxer idea is that the dexxers stay on the DF, and use area effect moves or weapons to take care of the spawn the DF throws on them (that spawn goes down fast with 6 dexxers doing area damage, thus removing almost all the spawn).

I know the pets and archers and others can do serious damage to the DF, but once the spawn gets out of range of the dexxers area effects, the DF wins and we all start dying.

We also need to make sure we do not party until just before we leave, so we can balance mages/healers with dexxers in multiple parties.

the best mix for gauntlet:

1 bait
2 tamers
2 archers
2-4 misc templates
4 mages for healing dexxers
6 dexxers

Everyone attacks in the rooms, then when its DF time:

bait lures 1-2 DFs way south and keeps them busy and away from the group. 1 person lures one DF to the dexxers and hides. Then the 6 dexxers are the only ones attacking the DF directly. The 4 mages heal the 6 dexxers. The rest of the group kills spawn only. Hopefully spawn will be very minimal. When we had 5 dexxers on the DF and used this strategy, we dropped the DF in about 7 minutes, then killed another one in about 8 minutes.

The more people we have, the more DFs spawn, but thats ok, we try to fight one at a time if possible. if not, then we fight 2 of them, same strategy, dexxers are the only ones doing direct damage.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:12 am

I am bringing my bard next time

http://www.uoguide.com/Bard_Masteries

Bards cannot heal or res while doing this, all Mana has to go into the song. She will be doing the Prov one. But she can heal res in the rooms and cast EV and discord in the rooms.
Last edited by Lord Drakelord on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 am

awesome, Drakelord! that should definitely help. Can other bard masteries overlap or is the party limited to one bard mastery like this at a time? Can other masteries help the team as well?

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:36 am

KDSonoma wrote:awesome, Drakelord! that should definitely help. Can other bard masteries overlap or is the party limited to one bard mastery like this at a time? Can other masteries help the team as well?

KD

They can over lap. I think we need to test how far the bard needs to be before the others lose the song. If we keep to close the DF will target the one doing the bard song, to far the team loses the song. If any team member moves outside the range of the song they lose the buff
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 am

Here the Prov and peace. My Bard is Prov/Discord, she can do the Prov song and attempt to discord the DF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Cinderella » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:36 am

I go there as a tamer but I stand in the first tile of the hallway so I can heal the dexers
if i am further into the room, then the dark fathers aggro
but in order to heal the dexers they have to be close enough to me
cause if I take a step forward to be able to heal them, then it creates spawn

if the dexer gets pulled back into the middle of the room
then they need to move back in range of us healing them
but they also need to control the spawn
cant heal them if I have to defend myself (which then creates more spawn)

the last time I went, I know I was healing & Drakelord was too
we could barely keep up, constantly casting heals
I am thinking at least two healers per party
And like you said someone at the top to rez people
Cinderella
Former Entrusted First Lady
Former Entrusted First Lady

Medals: 2
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:30 am

I guess even in the perfect world, if we had one mage assigned to each dexxer, they could still die because of the need for cure and heals (and that timing can always be an issue). But then again, in that PERFECT world, the dexxers would all cross heal each other too.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Pharon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:22 pm

The way it needs to work is this:

We need at least 4 melee dexxers (6 is better), sampires are the best option because they require less healing.

Dexxers should be the only people damaging the DF.
Fiendish Calling is the AI that causes the adds to spawn. It only happens when the DF is hit with an attack. The spawn will automatically (initially) aggro the char who hit the DF causing the spawn. If there is spawn happening and immediately aggroing someone other than dexxers it means someone else is hitting the DF.

EVERYONE else is a healer. Tamers can use pets to attack and clear spawn, but their role is healing. Healers should be 2 tiles behind the dexxers. Nobody should be back in the hallway unless you are there to res. Nobody should be running in the hallway for any reason. If you are dragging spawn you are doing a bad thing. If you are aggroed by spawn you stay near the dexxers because they are the only people killing spawn. If you leave the dexxers you will die. If you run spawn up the hall we just have residual spawn bothering our resser.

Dexxers should be able to whirlwind. When Spawn happens Dexxers need to switch to whirlwind until it is gone. Running only serves to spread the spawn out making it so it cannot be brought down with AOE.

Weapons: 100% Fire Demon Slayer
Swords - Double Axe
Mace - Warhammer
Fencing - Kama

The DF can be brought about 2/3rds of the way from the center of the room toward the hallway. If he aggroes someone farther up he will eventually bounce. Even at this point, he will probably bounce. its just part of the encounter.

ONE Dexxer pulls the DF we want to fight. Everyone else, except maybe one healer who advances to heal the puller STAYS IN PLACE.

Basically, if we want to win this we have to have run discipline. YOU MUST STAY IN PLACE.

Last time we followed this model we killed 4 DFs I believe and brought home a lot of DF blood. It was the only time recently we were successful with Dark Fathers.

If we are going to have bait, we probably need two. One to run the DFs around and another waiting at the center to pick up a DF that rubberbands. The two bait would alternate when one loses the DF to rubberband, the other is waiting in the center to pick him up.
Pharon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Blackstaff Medal of Spiritualy (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Again remember the Bards.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Return to Major Announcements