PANIC Event

Have an idea for a new event or an old one you'd like to see revived, but can't ever remember to bring it up at the guild meetings? Then post it here!

PANIC Event

Postby WaltRam » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:02 pm

One word..... PANIC. That word is in my opinion the single biggest reason for much of anything intense falling apart.

The way to reduce panic is through TRAINING and EXPOSURE. In my opinion, things like Champ Spawns are not training events as the experienced folks are working spawn etc... I think we need to have more training type events to even better prepare us for things like CS, Harrower etc...

Have a Night of Panic or name it something else. Creat an atmosphere of intensity while allowing the experienced players to be mentors.

Maybe have 5 groups of 5 and one person leads the overall event and each of the 5 teams is in a different vent channel. The overall leader will tell the blue team to attack the red team in 30 seconds or something. And then as we get better he might say BLUE and YELLOW attack the Purple team. Teams do not have to consist of the same people (a dream that would be sweet), each team picks a leader for the moment and many things get accomplished in an event like this.

1. Give folks a chance to learn to lead a group in combat
2. Gives folks a chance to lead a group in defense
3. Gives folks a chance to have some intensity while learning how to heal themselves and their teammates while killing the other guys.

Can the blue team leader keep his team alive and take out the attacking red team?

When the battle is done, discuss it and figure out what folks felt and did RIGHT and wrong.

Don't let folks pick the teams, KD or some other leader can give out robes based on some random method or something. Then the team decides who their leader is and the Event leader picks who attacks who and maybe put limtations on moving etc...

A good thing would be to have all of your team mates life bars up but close your own initially.

Put up monetary reward if there has to be more than the learning experience to get folks to play. This is the base of the idea, it can be expanded on for sure. Maybe even do it in Tram so other folks can't get involved.
WaltRam
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:12 pm

YES...I LOVE THIS IDEA....TOTALLY AWESOME....And I think it would be awesome to have it in say Shame...or Despise...and say ok tonight we are keeping it on this level....that way there is the PvM aspect as well...Cause we are trying to learn how to protect while killing monsters...You could even change the idea a little and say "ok...red team has ten guys and blue team has 5 or 6 now red team needs to not only kill spawn in a certain area but they also need to protect each other"...cause I think alot of the time we have the superior numbers but don't know what to do with them...LOL...

anyway, absolutely awesome idea Waltram...I would be more than happy to help with this in any way I can...I think this could be the perfect way to learn some PvP while protecting our PvMers
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:30 pm

excellent idea! This would work great as a wargames event, its based on the same idea ... team combat.

And yes, its frustrating because we cant always have the same players on some teams, so they get real used to each other, and thats due to RL restrictions that prevent some of us from coming to some events.

But if we can practice protecting a team, and practice taking out another team or teams, then that has to be a positive experience for future battles.

I know one thing I was pondering was to start with 3 players on a team, then one by one I would yell out names of people to attack them .... the defenders were not to fight back, just stay alive .... and after awhile the 3 would die, it might take 3 attackers, or 4, or 6 or 8 ... then another 3 try to stay alive for as long as they can.

Ill try to squeeze some wargames like this into the schedule .... might need to work on what we lose from the schedule to do it, thats my prob right now, trying to keep a balance for the pvmers so they dont feel PAS is topheavy in pvp events vs non pvp events.

So far Ive been able to keep a good balance, might just need some additional events on some nights to do this, and that might mean more help from Elders to run some of those to help when I might not be able to get there.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby WaltRam » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:45 pm

That is a great idea also KD. And you can take those people that you consider the good/decent PvPers and have them just sit in the vent channel and listen so afterwards they can give honest critiques. Maybe at Critique time, you have everyone jump to main channel but only the leaders and mentors talk and then open it up to questions. Hoping in the next couple weeks my job gets into a rythm and I can play more and then I will be glad to help in any way I can. I miss playing, but this transition to civilian life has been an interesting one :).
WaltRam
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Darsus » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:49 pm

well, if yall start doing that ill have to make an archer that can hold his own......lol
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Sir William » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:17 pm

I would be more than glad to step up and run this event if need be KD
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:47 pm

How bout this: We could do an ilsh champ spawn with one group being the spawners and the other group being the raiders? Ok so theres no big choke points out there, but some of the champ spawns in T2A dont either. There could be ready practice in raiding and defending and no matter who wins theres replacement insurance gold a plenty! Heck, hand out checks at the end of the night from the proceeds. 8)
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Event Ideas