Barbed, Horned, and Spined Leather

Talk about anything that's clean.

Barbed, Horned, and Spined Leather

Postby Rex » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:09 pm

I think I posted this on the old board but never saw a reply.

Where do I find each of the "special leathers" (barbed, horned, and runic).

I'd like to burn through some of my kits.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:03 pm

OK, well after hunting around Stratics (I actually had to look for the answer it was not just out there) I found out that it looks like Lizardmen give spined, and dragons and drakes give horned and barbed.

Is this accurate?
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:30 pm

You never saw a reply because you didn't check. I wrote an exhaustive reply that I don't feel like rewriting, so I'll go look and see if it's still there.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Rex » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:33 pm

LOL, I forgot to look.

So sue me.

grouch :wink:
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:40 pm

Okay, I quoted verbatim every post from that topic. And yes, you did check, you even replied, you just forgot. Forgetful old AF guys... 8)

Rex wrote:I have a few horned leather kits I got from a fallen house.

Where do I find horned leather? Does that fall on dragons???

KDSonoma wrote:drakes have them, so do wyverns .... what else guys?

KD

DevilSpawn wrote:u dont need horned leather to use a horned leather kit

u can use whatever kind you want...

unless ya just wanted armor with more fire resist than the barbed...

unless i have the leather types confused

i think horned is red... ? it might be blue... either way you dont need the leather type of the kit to make the armor

Rex wrote:
DevilSpawn wrote:u dont need horned leather to use a horned leather kit

u can use whatever kind you want...

unless ya just wanted armor with more fire resist than the barbed...

Oh, OK. Thanks for the info DS!

Wild Flower wrote:Blue = spined
Red = horned
Green = barbed

There is a web site some where that shows what each attribute they will give. Not sure of the site but may be on uostuff.com.

:flower: Good luck - maybe someone will know exactly. Once I print it out I forget where it's at - I'm so old. LOL :flower:

Malachai wrote:Based on the level of the leather (spined, then horned, then barbed), the naming convention of the runic kits (and hammers, for that matter) is somewhat misleading.

If there are three levels of kits, a horned runic sewing kit just means it's a level two kit. Using spined leather will always give you 40 luck and some extra physical. Using horned leather will always give you a bit more fire than what regularly spawns. Using barbed leather will always give you a decent amount in each resist (decent being generally 6-7 each resist, as opposed to 2 or 3). The fact that it's a horned runic means that it will have between 2 and 4 extra properties, and each will be at (I think) 30-70% intensity. Resists are an extra property as well. If a leather tunic has 2 physical as a base property, and you use spined, that means it would have at least 7 physical. If you were using a barbed kit, and spined leather, and one of the properties was a bump to physical resist and it hit at 100% intensity, it would have 27 physical resist.

Basically, the type of kit has nothing to do with what type of leather you use.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Rex » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:44 pm

Malachai wrote:Okay, I quoted verbatim every post from that topic. And yes, you did check, you even replied, you just forgot. Forgetful old AF guys... 8)

So basically, I could use any type of leather I like just the type of leather I use may have certain characteristics that go with it?

Thanks Jr.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:50 pm

Yep, but it only goes to the max, not above that. In the case of luck, if you used spined leather for the 40 guaranteed luck you would get between 40 and 100 luck on each piece using a barbed runic sewing kit. The only way to craft a 140 luck piece is to make it from regular leather, get it to spawn with 100 luck and successfully enhance it with spined leather.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Zoelle » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:33 am

Malachai wrote:In the case of luck, if you used spined leather for the 40 guaranteed luck you would get between 40 and 100 luck on each piece using a barbed runic sewing kit. The only way to craft a 140 luck piece is to make it from regular leather, get it to spawn with 100 luck and successfully enhance it with spined leather.

Wow, are you serious? I don't do much with runic kits (okay, read that as I've only ever used a kit once and that was a spined one right after they came out). But that sounds like a big ole flaw in the runic kit system.
Zoelle
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Tracy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:11 pm

Yep, I'm serious.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Return to General Discussion