Human To Elf Quest

walkthrough of Ultima Online quests

Human To Elf Quest

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 pm

This quest is fairly simple. It will make the quest much easier if you gather the various items needed for the quest before you start. (a pitcher of water, 20 raw fish steaks, and the Sap of Sosaria) There is a rune book on the steps of my home SE of Luna for the various locations you will need to travel to during this quest. When I help people on the quest I take them to the Haven docks to get the fish steaks from a fisherman and then they can go in the tavern next to the docks and get the pitcher of water. As for the baubles, you will collect those in and around the area where you find Arielle. There is a rune in the book for the location of the Sap of Sosaria as well.

This is where my house is!

The first step is to talk to Darius who is located in the Lyceaeum NW of Moonglow. He will explain to you the steps you must take to embrace your Elf heritage.

After speaking with Darius seek Arielle in the forest North of the Ilshenar Spirituality gate. She will ask you to find some items she lost. They are baubles and you will find them in and around the area where Arielle plays. While some of them do say "Arielle's bauble" you do not need to look for those specifically. Any bauble will do. Find three of them and then mark them as quest items and return them to Arielle.

The next step is to find a stag named Bravehorn that will tell you he is thirsty and ask you to show him to a lake. He can be found in a clearing in the forest almost directly south of the Hedge Maze that is located SW of the Britain moongate. The lake is found NE of Bravehorn's location. You have to be quick when leading him because if you dawdle he will decide you are too slow and leave you. There is a rune in the book at my house to the lake, and you may wanna mark a copy of it before you see Bravehorn to make it easier.

After Bravehorn thanks you for your services you should go and find the treefolk named Strongroot. He will ask you to retrieve him some of the Sap of Sosaria. Strongroot can be found in the forest SE of the dungeon Shame.

You can find the Sap of Sosaria in the forest just east of Yew. There is a giant yew tree with a spigot and drilling tools on the ground around it. If you look hard enough you will find the Sap just sitting on the ground!

Now that you have satisfied Strongroot, go look for a great grizzly named Maul. He will be extremely hungry but he will not hurt you as long as you bring him some raw fish steaks. Maul loves his fish. So mark the fish you should have already picked up as a quest item and then give your peace offering to Maul.

Next, you need to talk to a centaur simply named Huntsman. He roams the forest NE of the Chaos shrine in Trammel and about halfway between the shrine and the dungeon Wrong. Huntsman will ask you to help him even out the wildlife in his area by killing some timber wolves. Fifteen of them to be exact. While you are hunting these vicious beasts be sure not to stray to far from the Huntsman. If he does not witness the kills then they may not count.

Your final task before returning to Darius will be to venture into the desert and find a sphinx named Enigma. Enigma will ask you to solve a riddle. Here is a hint: that pitcher of water would be really useful right about now!

Now, it is time to return to Darius in the Lyceaeum. When you get back there strip off all clothing, armor, jewels, etc. Leave nothing on and get off of any mount you may be on. He will then offer you the chance to embrace your elven heritage by letting you pick a new hairstyle and skin color. Congratulations on discovering your lost heritage. Now, step forth into the world as a proud member of the Elven Nation!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Brianna » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:24 am

really good thought out steps...thank you very much
can i make one suggestion for future pics though....add the sexton cordinates then that way people who cant see the white dot on the map have an idea of where to go by using the sexton cordinates

just thinking of people like me who are like okay nice map view where do i go...lol

bri
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:23 pm

Not a bad idea at all. Thank you for the idea.
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to Lucas' Quest Manuals