Teamspeak/Ventrilo download to see whos talking!

Talk about anything that's clean.

Teamspeak/Ventrilo download to see whos talking!

Postby KDSonoma » Mon May 28, 2007 6:57 pm

many of us have this already, but for those that don't, this little display for ventrilo stays on screen on top of everything else, and once linked to our server (one click), anytime anyone talks, it shows the name in this display of the person talking.

It really helps ingame to know whos talking without having to go see the big ventrilo display on screen.

http://tsdisp.sourceforge.net/

KD
Last edited by KDSonoma on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Tue May 29, 2007 1:03 am

This is also on the forum links section to the left under "Ventrilo Add on", and has been since these forums were set up.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Jakalair » Wed May 30, 2007 10:20 am

Ah thank you for explaining what it does.

I kept wondering since the sourceforge pages notorious for lack of what programs actually do.
Jakalair
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Kalar » Wed May 30, 2007 11:27 am

For those of you with a g15 Keyboard, it also will display who is talking on the LCD display.
Kalar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Jakalair » Wed May 30, 2007 7:07 pm

Hmm another reason to snag that keyboard.
Jakalair
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Maldar » Wed May 30, 2007 7:43 pm

I like Ventrilo but it lags me out to the point that I cannot play UO. The fact that I am on dialup may have something to do with it........I dunno.... :x
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Kalar » Thu May 31, 2007 7:26 am

Jakalair wrote:Hmm another reason to snag that keyboard.

A downside, is that UO doesn't support the keyboard's LCD functions, and I have not been able to find a plug in for it yet. I will be getting UOA tomorrow, and im hoping it has some functions for it. I can definitly see a lot of potential for the LCD display with UO. It could list HP/Mana for you, and your groupmates, Regs, Gold, WT, stuff like that. Also the programable keys don't work with UO because the keyboard isnt supported.

There are I think 15, or 25 keys on the left side of the keyboard, labled g1, g2, g3, etc. So if I tie a Macro to g1, it uses the f1 key slot, instead of the g1 slot. Games like Warcraft, and Vanguard, have support for the keyboard, so the keys actually work for them. People can make plug ins though, so maybe the community will step up.

All in all I love the keyboard, it will take about a week or two to get used to it (its huge). I also have a g7 wireless lazer mouse with hot swapable, rechargeable batteries. Its really awesome. I definitly suggest either of them if you can shell out the cash.
Kalar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Teamspeak/Ventrilo download to see whos talking!

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 am

we are using discord now, information is for PAS and alliance members in the Hidden Traven forum with links to How To Videos
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Re: Teamspeak/Ventrilo download to see whos talking!

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat May 11, 2019 10:13 am

For the Sonoma Discord, this is for all players on the Sonoma Shard

https://stratics.com/threads/sonomas-di ... nk.409147/
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to General Discussion