Stygian Abyss Info

Talk about anything that's clean.

Stygian Abyss Info

Postby Warden » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 pm

This is a post in response to a question in another post. I'm putting it here so as to not further derail the other thread. It was a reply to Myst who asked about the Abyss spawns. Hopefully some other people might find it useful too.

TO GET INTO THE ABYSS: You must do a quest, but the traditional quest we have been guiding people through is long, annoying, and dangerous for newer characters. There is another quest where you simply go to Ter Mur and answer four questions. Kits for doing this are available from me, or from the PAS Crafters House. They have a recall rune to the correct spot (no spawn) and a book with instructions and answers to all the questions. Takes about two minutes.

------------------------------------------------------

Myst, a couple of links that have helped me with the Abyss...

http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_con ... tent=31085

That's a map showing all the entrances, minichamps and, if you scroll down, which imbuing essences drop where. There are also two player-owned houses down there (owners were picked by lotto or contest or something) which, on Sonoma, are linked via teleporters to houses in Luna near the PAS Corner Market. I just typed out how to find them but it was a useless tangle of words, so I'll show you sometime in-game. For me, these teleporters are often the quickest route to where I want to go.

In the very NW corner is the Silver Sapling, and you can rez there anytime. But understand that the chasm splitting the Abyss down the middle is only crossable through the Slasher of Veils, which is probably the nastiest mob in the game. If you are in the Eastern half of the Abyss, you are often better off hitting the house teleporter and rezzing in Luna.

Lastly, here is a link to UOGuide that has better information on the minichamps. And yes, a sampire is probably the fastest template for most of them, but tamers and mystic mages also work well, and archers are probably better than sampires on a couple of them, like the Stygian Dragon Lair Entrance spawn.

http://www.uoguide.com/Mini-Champs

I have soloed all of those minichamps at least a couple times, and most of them dozens of times. I would be happy to take you down there and show you the ropes.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby LoL/Myst » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:09 pm

A forum neat freak are we?! ;)

Thanks for posting this! I will definitely take you up on the offer. My ususal routine has been getting a bit stale and i'd be glad for the change of pace.

What times do you usually hunt?
LoL/Myst
Healer
Healer

Postby Warden » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:50 am

Usually evenings. I am on Central Time and sometimes I get in-game as early as 5:00 or so, but usually have to log back out within an hour or two (at most) to feed my kid and get him to bed and such. Then if he gets to sleep on time I am back in game in time for the PAS event at 8:00, and usually hunt for a while after that is over. Some days I am not on at all, and weekends vary widely.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 am

great links, thanks for posting this!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks, Avorion! I knew about the UOGuide link but the Stratics page is new for me. VERY helpful!
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Warden » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Glad I could help. I pulled up that Stratics page countless times when I was newer at this, learning where everything is. I now use the UOGuide link more to look up which monsters spawn, what their skills and resists are, etc., so I can plan quicker and more efficient ways of annihilating them. :D
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

SilverHawk Medal (1)

Return to General Discussion