Team PvP games

Have an idea for a new event or an old one you'd like to see revived, but can't ever remember to bring it up at the guild meetings? Then post it here!

Team PvP games

Postby DevilSpawn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Could we get a thread going for some team pvp events? I'd like folks to post ideas in the thread for stuff we could do besides the ones that are on the calendar now.

I think right now we have Wargames, which is a team deathmatch style game that involves one team defending a certain location (and person) while another team attacks. If I remember right, when the "target" person dies, the attackers win. If he lives for a certain period of time or if all the attackers die, the defending team wins.

We used to do Heroes night, which I think was just a 1v1 tournament night.

We do Capture the flag (CTF)... and we did one the other day in PAS valley.

Other suggestions?

My old guild used to do Free for all (FFA) FFA Team Deathmatch. We'd divide into 3 or more teams and have a fight much like Magincia Madness, except we were on assigned teams with robes of proper color. We could get into different vent channels. I think this would be fun and useful. Learn to fight against big ganks, switching targets as a team, group healing, how to deal with a cluster @%@@ of 4+ groups fighting each other at once, etc.

We also used to do a bunch of team PvP training... so we'd often have games where we'd have one player (always a mage for this role) that would be unattackable and you'd just have to deal with whatever he did to you... He'd usually get a ton of healing practice and we'd purposely imbalance the teams to really stress that player... like we'd do 5v4 and he'd be on the 4... and the 5 would call one target... pressure him hard in a "fake" and then switch to the weakest member of the 5 person team for a quick kill while the "healer" was still trying to save the other player... It was amazing practice for that one mage and really changed how team members saw the game. It made people realize how important healers were too.

Other times we'd force a certain kill order for two teams in a deathmatch so it was purposely challenging for them to teach people how important targeting players in a certain order was... so for instance, we might force a team to never attack dismounters (until everyone else was dead) or never attack mages, etc.

Anyway those are just some ideas, mostly just weak variants on the other games, but I'm sure there are some really creative ideas out there that would lead to a good learning experience and would be fun. (emphasis on learning)

Comment away!
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sagan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm

ooh ooh I got an Idea! Lets all get together and put DS in NJ palace, and see how long he lives with every body trying to kill him. LOL just kidding DS, You know I love you like a brother... oh wait, I don't really like my brother... well nevermind. LOL
Sagan
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy

Postby DevilSpawn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm up for that : p

Now you've trolled my post and no one will respond with constructive ideas! :(
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sagan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:56 am

I'm sure some will ignore my trolling, and give you the ideas you seek. At least I hope so. If not you can try to catch me ingame and give me the spanking I deserve, if your up that late that is... :) Good luck, brother.
Sagan

Postby SICK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 am

i miss the 1v1 tournament! I think some variables to that could also be 2v2 matches with required team makeups such as mage/dexxer dexxer/archer. Another interesting team fight i think would be interesting would be a 3v2 with a tamer on the undermanned side. It would help people learn to deal with tamers in pvp while making the tamers better also. I think breaking into small groups for practicing choke points would also be useful and fun. I think we could have some people start new guilds that could war each other and fight in the trammel side of dungeons where harrowers pop.
SICK
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Location: Roaming the darker sides of sonoma and the hills of Arkansas

Postby Shamous » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:14 pm

I think all of those are great ideas they sound like a blast and it would be great training on fighting for us that aren't real good at it. If we did some training in the ways of gameing like this we would be able to deal with cop alot more effectively....I would say if kd or any of the elders read this maybe you all could discusse it and get them on the schedual...or ds if we come across a night where people are looking for something to do you or I could get some of this going out side of event time. I would be up for it...
Shamous
PAS Guildsman
PAS Guildsman

Postby dlwiii » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:22 pm

I know squat about pvp, and would like to learn so I can help out in the Felucca spawns. Count me in!
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

PvP

Postby Cerberus A » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm in. I'll need some help with getting a mage for pvp, I've always used a "fighter" character for PvP before, and I always enjoy learning a new skill.
Cerberus A
Healer
Healer

Postby SICK » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 am

If anyone wants to get their feet wet with pvp i am willing to help in any way possible. If there is enough interest we might be able to organize some pvp games just for fun.
SICK
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Location: Roaming the darker sides of sonoma and the hills of Arkansas

Team PvP Games

Postby Tarie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 pm

01/07/10

I have no problems puting PvP and Fel events on the calendar. I have in the past, but got low turn out. If some of you want to step up to the plate and run the events, contact me and I will put them on the calendar.
Tarie
Former Entrusted GM
Former Entrusted GM

Medals: 4
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Team PvP events

Postby Tarie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:43 pm

It would not be necessary to start other guilds to war. As long as we are inthe same guild, we can attact other guild members.

I do not think it would be a good idea to start another guild. Been done in the past and did not work out at least that is what I have been told and read.
Tarie
Former Entrusted GM
Former Entrusted GM

Medals: 4
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Tracy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Confirmed.

But if you really need me to, I can download SA client and log in long enough to turn PAE over to someone.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby CannabisKing » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Once Im back up and in good running order Tarie, I'll be more then happy to help ya out with any all kind's of event's, even a fel CS or 2. My icq is still on and Im also back in vent.
Sad new's is tho, atm Im retraining my toon's to atleast kill DS and SICK :twisted:

Ok, I think PAS has gone threw all kinds of ways to play out PvP. Yes we have and have had loads of fun doing it.
Not trying to quote IRON MAN, but it does make cent's(lol), "Sometimes we need to run before we walk"

We and all of UO knows the easiest spawn is a COON. OK that is fine and all but to get it to pop in T2A is a gamble. We know that in the time we did DSP that we would be raided and walked on by COP or SCAM or wutever hot guild is on this shard nowa daze.

Bottom line. Pop a COON in T2A in some outa the way area that isnt looked at all the time cuz of the location ( Terra Sanctum ), is a spot we have used to help other's on LS to train, yes even when we didnt pop a rat we still worked the spawn for as long as we could and it was "running before they walked". FUN!

You'd be surprised how both LS and Sonoma are very close in the player's and number of players on the shards.
Yeah this is where the but comes in. However I have popped a DSP (LS) with my necro got it too the Boss and came back to finish it with my tamer. Or other times my wife and I would do a Marble or Damwin with just 2 necro's from start to finish.

Point is, we can come up with all kinds of idea's on the boards and such, but with a lil bit a training under fire will get those who get jumpy used it it in time.
A lil side not. My 1st toon for PAS is gonna be a ABC archer for Doom and any Peerless we do. Then I'll make my necro\Mage\Spellweaver for spawns.
CannabisKing
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Atta Kquast » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 am

Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby CannabisKing » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Now now Atta, That has to be the funniest thing ya said all wk long, I bet!
And coming from a Mage too. :shock:
CannabisKing
Merchant
Merchant

Return to Event Ideas