Greater Dragon Taming

Anything related to template questions/advice etc

Greater Dragon Taming

Postby Sir William » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:47 pm

I'm currently working on 3 120 tamers and I'm getting close to 120. Now I need advice on how to tame these monster dragons w/o getting my behind handed to me in a glass tube. :oops:
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Frostbyte » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:41 am

It's easiest if you have someone to help you, but assuming you want to solo tame I will give you some tips my brother and I use.

It is best to make sure the gdrag is near death. The reason being is that it will move much much slower so you can stay ahead of it. Also it makes the firebreath do much less damage. Basically get one alone, beat it down then i would hide using magery or some other means. Go up to it and spam a tame and a last target macro until it starts to tame it and at that point just stay a couple tiles in front of it as it chases you. This is what some call lead taming or something.

By far the easiest method is to keep your honor up very high and honor yourself so that you can tame it without it even attacking you.

Another method is to constantly invis yourself so that everytime you pop uninvis you reinvis yourself. If you do it well enough you will never get targeted or if you do it will not be long enough for anything to break the tame cycle.
Frostbyte
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Gromph » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 pm

ok here is what i do

first i go in mounted on an ethy pet
with an invis precast
get close to the greater and invis self
then i lore to see if it is what i am looking for
mostly looking at resist
if it isn't in the 83-85 ranger for phy there is no point in taming it(as you will spend all your time healing it)

once i have one i like i will get off the screen and cast arcane enhancement and ethereal voyage
run in and start taming
usally get 2-3 tries with a level 6 focus

now if it doesnot work on the first 2 tries i use honor before my eht has worn off.
this will give you 2-5 more tries (depending on your honor level)

if you still haven't got it it is time to get off it's screen and invis wait 5 mins and try again

i also suggest a gift of renewal, gift of life and attunment on yourself

hope this helps
Gromph
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:55 am

Gromph wrote:ok here is what i do

first i go in mounted on an ethy pet
with an invis precast
get close to the greater and invis self
then i lore to see if it is what i am looking for
mostly looking at resist
if it isn't in the 83-85 ranger for phy there is no point in taming it(as you will spend all your time healing it)

once i have one i like i will get off the screen and cast arcane enhancement and ethereal voyage
run in and start taming
usally get 2-3 tries with a level 6 focus

now if it doesnot work on the first 2 tries i use honor before my eht has worn off.
this will give you 2-5 more tries (depending on your honor level)

if you still haven't got it it is time to get off it's screen and invis wait 5 mins and try again

i also suggest a gift of renewal, gift of life and attunment on yourself

hope this helps

Ya he has gotten my last dragons doing this.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to Template discussions