Museum is **edit NOT ** closing ...

Museum is **edit NOT ** closing ...

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:04 pm

After lots of discussions and thought, we are going to close the PAS Museum. I want to thank the folks that have worked so hard over the years to build the museum and keep it updated.

If you donated items to the museum over the years, and want those items back, please post a description of those items here.

We will give some time after each post for items to give other players a chance to challenge any claims for items. So don't dawdle on posting the items you donated, or you risk someone else claiming them and getting them. I don't anticipate multiple people claiming the same item, but we need to be clear about the process of claiming items.

So don't expect to get your items quickly .. but please post your claims here.

At a point where we have finished giving out the claimed items, the remainder of items will be placed into a major guild alliance roll to let PAS and allies claim the items. I expect this might take several rolls in order to get the items selected.

If you have any questions, please post them here.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Re: Museum is closing ...

Postby wild flower » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:23 pm

I am sorry to see this fine collection of items closing. There was a lot of work put into it. I really wish you would let me take the account. We could hold the open house at the beginning of the year and see how it goes from there. If it flops after the open house then we could close it.

The major contributors were: (not in any particular order)
Cinderella
Ciara
Challnoth
Drakelord
KD
WildFlower
Toth

and a few others that I forgot their names.

Please let me know what you all decide and I will try to come up with a list of what was contributed.

Wild Flower
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:02 pm

I know you have put a TON of time and effort into the museum, WF, and we all appreciate your efforts. But unfortunately the closing has been decided.

I don't want to rush through the closing process, because I want to be sure we give everyone enough time to see this post so they can add a message about any specific items they donated over the years.

So please pass word to other players (like the ones on WF's list) that might have donated items over the years.

I will try to remind folks in discord from time to time.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:33 am

Cinderella said Brig was able to take the museum on his account now. He always had dibs on the museum since he and Cinderella held the museum before I agreed to hold it for the guild when I returned to UO a little over a year ago.

So we will not be closing the museum after all.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Re: Museum is **edit NOT ** closing ...

Postby Ciara » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Good news!

If that is the case, could we perhaps in the new year do some kind of special "opening" so people at least know it is there? I've brought this up a few times in the past but due to schedule conflicts and real life priorities, we have never been able to coordinate that.

I assume since it is not closing, we are to leave everything there? I was just going to ask for some things back when I saw this post. I would much prefer it to stay, but that people know about it and can go visit it. It was set to private for so long. Not sure what it is at this point.

Thank you, Cinderella and Brig, for taking the museum. Thank you, KD, for working this out.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm going to add this as a topic at the January 2019 Elders meeting (1/12/19).

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:16 pm

well that is good, Kimi's Earrings and her statue can remain there
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby wild flower » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:04 pm

There are items still there for a scavenger hunt to get people familiar with museum as an open house activity.

I have to admit that I'm pretty hurt that when I offer to help I'm shut down and told it will close anyways but its okay for others. I'm the one that set it all up.

May I please still work at the museum?
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Cinderella » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 pm

When I heard that the museum was closing, I mentioned it to Brig.
At the time we transferred the museum to KD, we had a financial crisis at the time.
We were afraid it would fall then...
but now we don't have to worry about our finances.

Also I would like to add, that I plan on playing UO til the day I die or it shuts down (whichever comes first).
And my sister has specific instructions what to do, in case, something ever happens to both Brig and I.
leaving instructions for her to be able to contact PAS, so stuff from our accounts can be distributed to PAS...
so you wont have to worry about the museum falling

============================================

Wild Flower of course, you can still have your role at the museum...
One thing i love about the museum, is the history that is within the walls...
One of the first things i want to do in January is to raise the roof, so we can put more stuff on display.
but we can talk about that later...
Cinderella
Former Entrusted First Lady
Former Entrusted First Lady

Medals: 2
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Return to PAS Museum