How great is PAS?

How great is PAS?

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 am

I was curious as I was jumping around shards on different characters this morning so I checked it out.

For those experienced enough (or old enough *grins*) to remember the Brit invasion of 2005, they will appreciate these stats.

For those who weren't ingame back then, here's a quick summary:

North of Brit in the mountains, the GMs spawned groups of monsters, along with generals and other nasties that had cool items on them. The spawn was by zones, and if I recall, there were 6 zones, each one closer to Brit, until the last one was as far south as the west bank brit (the entire invasion was on the west side of brit).

Bank sitters were pissed and this is why most people moved to Luna as their bank of choice.

Anyways, you had to kill enough spawn, and fast enough, and the monsters got tougher with each "level" in each spawn. So we had to beat about 5 levels of spawn in one general area to "win" that spawn and stop monsters from spawning.

Then we moved a few screens north to the next zone, etc until we "won" the last spawn north at the mountains.

it was a very grueling event, and we started at 8pm cdt and when we won it was usually midnight cdt. So that's 4 hrs to finish, and of course we lost PAS as the night progressed due to their time zones, etc.

I never saw any guild actively fight the spawn other than PAS, and when we came we usually had 25 PAS with us. When we got there, the others that were trying to kill the generals for their loot hooped and hollered because now they had help.

It also turned into a great recruiting tool as we added about 15 players into PAS as they saw how we helped everyone, not just PAS, and had an awesome time with it.

Just outside the brit bridge west of west bank brit on fel and tram is a statue with stats on how many monsters were killed, how many invasions were won, etc.

Here's the count in order:

Napa 26
Sonoma 25
Chesepeake 24
Lake Superior 20
Great Lakes 20
Atlantic 19
pacific 12
Catskills 11
Baja 10

not too shabby for a shard as small as Sonoma!

The moral of this story is that PAS not only rocks Sonoma, but when the chips are down, and a monster invasion shows up, PAS rocks UO!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:08 pm

oh forgot to mention, we tried all kinds of ways to beat the spawn and had a heckuva time until someone said "let's try some pixie swatters".

ROFL.

Sounded goofy, but when we split into groups with 3 melee, all with pixie swatters, and a tamer and a mage to heal, it was AWESOME.

It's kinda like using a titans hammer on a pack of raptors now, they fell dead in bunches.

The pixie swatters had hit poison area 75%, and had use best weapon skill, so we could use swords, macers, etc. as the melee folks.

After that, it still took us 4 hours to beat the last spawn, but at least we stood a chance.

That first spawn was the roughest (in town), because our mages couldn't throw any EVs, and once we got outside ot town we were throwing EVs everywhere.

I wish I had gotten some screen shots of those events, it was a blast.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Great addition to our collective History. Thanks for posting. This scenario is somewhat relived with the change Covetous, when PAS takes the field en-mass we can push that spawn much farther than other groups.
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Sagan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:16 am

I remember that invasion... it was while i was living in New Mexico... good times.
Sagan
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 pm

hey Sagan, how are you?

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Sagan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Howdy KD, I'm still plugging along. Not much ever changes in my world except the geography. LOL Still in Little Rock though. How are you, Janice and the kids?
Sagan

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 pm

everyone's doing great here! Janice finally had ECT and she has been absolutely perfect (no signs of bipolar) for over 3 yrs now (ECT is amazing).

Princess Katie is a Junior in college (she turns 21 this week), and she just got back from 6 months in London at a University that trades students with her college here in Texas. That was an eye opener for her and she had a lot of fun traveling Europe. She and a friend wanted to go to Chernobl! I told her once she crossed the Russian border she would never see another American for as long as she lived (which may not be too long) hehe and they finally decided it was not worth the trip.

Princess Kelli is a Junior in HS (will turn 17 in April) and is in the Color Guard for the HS. She is having a blast too with her friends from all around the world on Skype every day (she picked that up from guess who).

I continue to get sucked into other games with 4 different friends now that all have no one to play with except me rofl. I swear I'm just going to have to tell them "no" more often so I can actually play UO on a regular basis, but I haven't had the heart to do that yet.

:)

Always great to see the name Sagan on a post here, my friend!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Sagan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Glad to hear about Janice and ECT that is amazing! I lurk on these boards fairly often, but only comment once in awhile. :) Glad to see that my PAS family is still kicking around. Long live King David and PAS!
Sagan

Return to PAS Guild