I NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE

Look here for major updates and announcements

I NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE

Postby Maldar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:24 pm

I am a colleague of the man who is playing this game. I found this link under his favorites that said ultima online and I logged onto this page using the name and password on a post-it next to his PC. His name is Bob. His name on this page I think is Maldar? Bob is often called upon to aid in arson investigations involving very high-dollar-value and/or fatalities throughout the midwest even though he is disabled and retired. He and 2 other investigators were injured seriously/critically and 2 other investigators were killed when the 3rd floor of a factory gave way under the enormous weight of machinery even though the structural engineers declared it safe. Of all things, Bob is worried about this game. He said he would lose everything if his game isn't paid? I have no idea how to do that or what he was talking about. If it makes him feel better I want to do this for him but I have searched this page for days and can't find where to pay. I will check back here in a day or two if someone could lead me by the hand I will appreciate it. Thank you.

Asst. Chief Christopher Huthcheson
I.F.D.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Brianna » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:33 pm

give me a call at 678-682-9210 and ask for Ruby i will walk you thru the steps to pay for Maldar's accounts so that he doesnt lose anything

you will need his account name(s) and password(s)

also please please keep us updated so that we can keep him in our thoughts and such

if someone else wants to post the steps here that is fine but i havent the patience to type them out right now

love bri
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Ciara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Thank you, Asst. Chief Christopher Huthcheson , for posting about Maldar. I have been worried about him because we haven't seen him in some time. Please give him our very best wishes, and if there is any way we can send cards, let us know.

Ruby can help you learn how to log in and pay for his game. Be sure to ask him how many accounts he has, as if he has more than one, you will need to pay for each one. That information isn't found on these pages, but on the game site. The payments can be made for one month or 3 months, or 6 months at a time. If he will be out for a while, you might want to pay for the 3 month period--can check with him. You will need the account name and password for each one, as Ruby has mentioned.

Here is the game site: https://account.ea.com/myacct/uo/uo-hub.jsp?skin=uo Then go to "Edit account", then go to subscription, check to see if expired, go to billing to set up a payment. The billing will recur after the time period you have selected if doing a credit card payment, so for a 30 day subscription, another payment would be charged to the card in 30 days. Hope this helps, and calling Ruby would probably be a great idea to make sure it all gets done.

Thank you so much for helping him out. I completely understand why he would be worried about his game--we put a lot of time into collecting memories here, and to have them all vanish when one is ill would be really dreadful.

I'll be praying for Maldar's recovery. I'm so glad you posted.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Thank you both for your assistance and kind words. Ruby, I will have to wait for Bob to be awakened from his coma before I can do anything now. I do not know what his name(s) and password(s) are or even how many accounts he may have. They have him on a morphine drip, oxycontin and fenadryl, so when I was able to talk with him a while back he was fairly incoherent. I am grateful for your willingness to help and we are all hoping/praying for his recovery.
Bob took a turn for the worse overnight and had an emergency procedure to temporarily remove a piece of his skull to give his brain room to swell. The neurosurgeons then put him into an induced coma to aid in slowing/stopping the swelling.
He has had surgery on his lower spine to repair damage around the L4-L5 region. He has had another surgery to remove a rib that had punctured and collapsed his left lung. He has had surgery to repair a compound fracture to the femur in his left leg and the prognosis for that leg is not good. He also has a fractured collar bone, broken cheek bones, a broken left eye orbit and a crushed left arm that may have to be amputated.
I am sure he will appreciate your kindness and prayers and I will tell him when he wakes back up. Unfortunately, I cannot give out his address, phone number, location, etc. He has put a lot of arsonists/murderers in prison over the past 20+ years and some on death row. There are those that have since been paroled and friends & family of many others that would like to see him killed. Death threats have been made over the years. Thus, contacting him in any manner would cause him more anxiety than comfort. This is why all of our investigators with police powers and most police officers do not publish our numbers in telephone directories or anywhere else for that matter.
Since it appears he has some friends here, I will try to keep you posted.
Thank you again and, God willing, I will be asking for directions soon.

Asst. Chief Christopher Hutcheson
I.F.D.
Last edited by Maldar on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Darkstar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Please give him my best wishes. Him and the others will be in my thoughts and prayers
Darkstar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Taylanna » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Thank you for posting and giving us word about him. He has friends, and even some family here. My thoughts will be with him. Please do keep us up-to-date on his condition.
Taylanna
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Sorry to hear this, please keep us informed, I hope you can assist him with saving his account.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

RE: Bob (maldar?)

Postby Maldar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Someone said he has family here. I trust that his sister has kept them informed and that I am not doing it. I am sad to report that they amputated his left arm yesterday morning. The swelling in his brain is subsiding but there may have been brain damage. I have not heard anything further regarding his leg. He is still in an induced coma. I have passed on your kind thoughts to his family. They asked me to thank you and to keep him in your prayers. I found a 3x5 card on his PC desk with three names that may be his account names, if anyone knows. They are:. Each has a jumble of letters and numbers next to them. Does this sound like what I am looking for?

POSSIBLE ACCT NAMES EDITED OUT>>>PLEASE SEE POST BELOW FOR EXPLANATION! Damien Kilcannon (Forum Admin)
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:34 am

Asst. Chief Hutcheson, first I want to thank you for helping Maldar out and yes those sound like they may be the acct names for his accts. The jumble of letters and numbers are likely his passwords.

I also want to apologize for the edit of your post. I just don't want the wrong person to get a hold of his acct names. With the acct name it makes it much easier to hack the acct. It is sad but it does happen. While I would love to believe that none of our members would ever do something like that this forum thread is in a public area that can be seen by all.

If you would like some help testing those possible acct names and passwords I would recommend calling Brianna. You will not need to give her that information but she can walk you through step by step where to go and find out if those are current passwords. Basically tell you to click here and type that there...lol...It is really quite easy and if you would like I can help you with it if she is unavailable. You can private message me here at the forums and I will give you my phone number. To private message you would click the button on the border at the bottom of my post with the letters "PM" on it.
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Ciara » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:51 am

Asst. Chief Hutcheson, thanks so much for keeping us informed. I believe Taylana meant, we are his "online" family, and we care very much about him. I am hardly able to reply, knowing he is so incredibly injured.

I am in complete agreement with what Damien has said. Best not to post that information here--but by all means call Ruby (Brianna), or PM Damien, or myself....we can walk you through it. It sounds like you found his information and he possibly has 3 accounts--you most likely found the acct names and passwords. If there is a way you can get in the game we can check to see if they are active. If not, you can read from the subscription information menu.

I checked on the two names of characters I know he has in the guild. One was logged in last January 14, 2010. The other was not logged in since Dec. I don't know when he had the accident.....the two names of those characters are Indiana Maldar, and Maldar. That would be an account I am sure he would want kept paid for.

If all should be lost (hopefully not) I would gladly help him rebuild anything I could, but generally losing everything one has worked for in this game is so disheartening, he might not want to come back if he lost it all.

To send a PM (Private message) to one of us, click "Send PM" found below our name on our post, and then use the send pm option.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know. Maldar has been one of the best friends I have had online, and I would do anything I could to help him.

God bless you for helping him and trying to safeguard his online home and characters. I pray he recovers enough to rejoin our online family. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Maldar

Postby Mystique » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Asst. Chief Hutcheson:

Thank you so much for keeping us informed. I also was a friend of Maldar in game. He will be in my Prayers. So sorry to hear all this has happened to him.

I am in agreement the best people to contact right now are Ruby (Brianna), or PM Damien, or Caria....

All of us are willing to help him when he recovers and returns to UO.
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Bad News regarding Maldar

Postby Maldar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Bob took an unexpected turn for the worse Sunday afternoon. He had a blood clot that moved to his lung and he is having serious trouble breathing. He has been put into another induced coma and is intubated once again. They also found clots in his damaged leg and are working to dissolve them before any move to his brain. I will try to keep you all updated.

On another sad note, one of the other two arson investigators that survived the catastrophic building collapse passed away on July 27 after six months in the ICU with Bob. The arsonists have been charged with a third count of causing the death of a firefighter in the line of duty.

Chris Hutcheson
Asst. Chief (retired)
I.F.D.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ciara » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Thank you for the news, Chief Hutcheson . I had hoped he was on the way to recovery, as we were very glad to see him in game. I'll be praying for his healing. I'm so glad you are there for him. Thanks very much for keeping us informed.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Queen Mum » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 am

Chris, thank you for letting us know. Sad news indeed. Our hearts and prayers are with you all.
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:14 am

Thank you for letting us know, this is sad news. We will continue our prayers and pray that this is only a setback!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Next

Return to Major Announcements