Weird things happening with todays (11/27) patch ...

Talk about anything that's clean.

Weird things happening with todays (11/27) patch ...

Postby Queen Mum » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 am

The following was reported to us on UO Forums by Aurelius.

This could be interesting.... reported weirdness since the patch includes :

Bags of sending using multiple charges to send stuff.
Swoop and Barracoon now on WAY higher HP (5,000 for Swoop?), and much boosted other stats.
Disappearing monster corpse bugs in 2d.
Reports of people getting 3-4 artifact drops in Doom per hour. (!)

Messed up on the Haven gate too. To leave Haven, it's in the new place, going to Haven from another moongate you arrive where the old gate used to be, but there's no gate there any more....
*A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away*
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:33 am

ok this sucks, 11k in gold, 18 charges on the BOS and says I do not have enough charges?? I had to drop leather and recall out to bank my gold.

Also we had several kills just VANISHED right as they died this morning, page GM but got nothing.

Now all the Luna vendors are selling BOS at 40k to 65k [30 charges] each when yesterday they were going for like 25k to 30k [30 charges] this is sad.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:21 am

1) Prices of powder and bags will re-level off. Its market economy. You will see (again) the farming of powder/bags. Everyone will get all hostile about it, then tension will subside.

2) I am liking the arguement that these changes (if they stay in) will dramatiically alter how gold-farming/scripting is occurring on all shards globally. This is take time to ripple through the individual shard economies.

3) I will imagine goods that get imported in from other shards will increase in price, as will the value of goods on our shard. Again market economics. You may see rises in those little staples like barbed runic kits and transfer tokens :D ... And for our local gold farmers, they will also find new ways to farm gold. So I do not feel bad for gold farming, nor fel champ spawns.

4) Re-balancing creatures has been in play since I started in beta in 1997. It is only frustrating to the folks who farm those spots. Most every creature has been re-balanced multiple times. Today, we hear about barracoon and swoop. I hope we find more.

5) Remember pre-bag of sending? Remember pre-bankbox? lol. The formula may not be perfect by any stretch, but neither was the current one. I just kinda wish for a test-center heads up. But I like suprises ingame. To me its a wash (as long as its bug-free).

6) The disappearing corpses is disconcerting. I am hoping this is a bug, or at least what is the explaination.

7) Having more doom artis drops puts good items into more hands (hopefully) and drives prices down. This will start to re-introduce more parity (allbeit slowly) on some items. Ornis, HotM, AoF, Mid. Bracers... lol lets hope we can make up sets to give to PAR characters. Alot of folks clammer to the old days when a smithy could make a decent living selling armor... item parity was a reason why. It was more about gathering resources, having good stocked vendors at competitive prices.

All in all, so far its pretty interesting.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:30 am

Atta Kquast the only thing I disagree with you is the BOS, I do remember the pre days before the BOS and I was happy when the solen quest came out and we got the BOS.

As for all the other changes, they are ok as far as I can see, but they really need to look at the BOS and change it back to the way it was, I hope this is a bug due to that new bag they got out for those KR players, [I assume its for KR only as I cannot fine the bag they talk of in 2d].
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:42 am

Ah poo... was hoping that bag would be 2d too.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:49 pm

Atta Kquast wrote:Ah poo... was hoping that bag would be 2d too.
well I have yet to see this bag in 2d, checked several shops looking for it.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Brianna » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:35 pm

check the provisioner its a bluish colored bag down at the bottom of the list right before the items that people sell back to the npcs cost is 1299ish i believe the npc will carry 20 of them at a time and could be cause vendors were sold out i checked repeatedly this morning and nothing checked the npc in luna tonight and bought 6 for my 6 accounts that i have looters on
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to General Discussion