A Bunch of Free Stuff!

Talk about anything that's clean.

A Bunch of Free Stuff!

Postby Vin Decatur » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:26 pm

I got my RIF notice yesterday (Reduction In Force). As a family, we have to tighten our belts until I get resituated in a new job. UO may only be $10 per month but there is my account and my two sons account. So, Uo is going bye-bye along with all the pay cable channels, our extra freezer, etc.

So, 2 weeks of UO left for me. I have too much stuff to store in my bank vaults.

I have a pile of stuff specifically for Drakelord. So give me a shout out old man.

I have a lot of stuff I would like KD or an Elder too look at to see if it would benefit PAS. I'm still sorting, so give me a couple of days.

After that, I'll unlock eveything and we will have a free for all at my house or I'll just drop it before events, or both.
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: A Bunch of Free Stuff!

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:50 pm

Vin Decatur wrote:I got my RIF notice yesterday (Reduction In Force). As a family, we have to tighten our belts until I get resituated in a new job. UO may only be $10 per month but there is my account and my two sons account. So, Uo is going bye-bye along with all the pay cable channels, our extra freezer, etc.

So, 2 weeks of UO left for me. I have too much stuff to store in my bank vaults.

I have a pile of stuff specifically for Drakelord. So give me a shout out old man.

I have a lot of stuff I would like KD or an Elder too look at to see if it would benefit PAS. I'm still sorting, so give me a couple of days.

After that, I'll unlock eveything and we will have a free for all at my house or I'll just drop it before events, or both.

sorry had the icq off was busy with the dogs
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:58 pm

Money crush times, know them very well, when Min was ill and I was also down, all we had was my retirement check and her food stamps/child surport checks for a long time. Wife was going nuts on how to pay the bills, alot of times we lost cable, had to put up an old antannal to get the local stations, but back then we were on dial up, cable internet had not made it to us. That was why we closed couple accounts back then as well, only to reopen then when things got better for us.

So give me a yell and will drop in to pick up items from you. and thanks for thinking of us here as we still like to help out others in PAS and its allinace as much as possible with the virtue armor.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:24 pm

Hey Vin, Give me a holler on ICQ....349294831...I thought I had yours but cant seem to find it in my list anymore...

UPDATE: I found your new ICQ in our lists and have sent you an autho request...please talk to me before you get rid of your stuff or drop your house...I may have a temporary solution for you!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Vin,

Don't get rid of your stuff. I have a place you can store it until you can get back in game.

icq me when you get a chance.

Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:00 pm

I have spare keep space, I can store for ya til you get back, bud.

Sorry to hear about the RIF.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Vin Decatur » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Well, what can I say. PAS rocks and I am humbled by so many peoples offer to help.

Big news. A just got a 30-day code as a gift. So, I have at least 6 more weeks!

HELP has offered to do that for Karyn, so we might not be so easily dispatched from UO. I may be around until you guys boot me out in disgust. :D

I still have too much junk. LOL I would rather give it to my friends than sell it. So, you will take my trash...er... neat stuff and like it!

Now, jousting is still on for Friday anyway. So, be there or I will take it as a personal affront. You know how tender my feelings are. (Besides KD said he was going to kick in a mil!)
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Irwin Hunter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:13 pm

Vin,

I will store as much of your stuff as I can. I will even make room if needed. I wanted to make a museum anyways. So, help me set it up and I will just use your stuff as display. You can have it back as soon as you are able to return. Catch up with me and I will do all I can to presrve your belongings. Only challenge will be, figuring how to mark what is yours. I have a few ideas for this, if we can manage to meet up.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Garrett » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:42 am

Vin, Arya and I have some storage space as well, and could store some of your equipment as well..
Just let us know...
Garrett

Elder

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.
Garrett
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby woodymm3 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:20 pm

i have a huge four story house that is not furnished and barely storeing anything. so if you want i have a ton of chests you can bring whatever over and keep it locked down on my roof or something until you figure out what you can do. wont get touched. other than that like i told you befor (jargon) your trash is my treasure. thanks again for the scrolls and the petals.
woodymm3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:25 pm

Vin,

I know how you feel. I became jobless a week ago myself and began looking at how far I can stretch a dollar. Luckily for me, it is just me and my cat. My account was paid for 6 months just before, so I don't have to kick the habit yet (though i been spending all of my time working on resumes and job leads so haven't played).

Good luck to ya, hope to see you back before my account expires. :lol:
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:10 am

AshOfCaine wrote:Vin,

I know how you feel. I became jobless a week ago myself and began looking at how far I can stretch a dollar. Luckily for me, it is just me and my cat. My account was paid for 6 months just before, so I don't have to kick the habit yet (though i been spending all of my time working on resumes and job leads so haven't played).

Good luck to ya, hope to see you back before my account expires. :lol:

Also hope you are able to carry on as well. Being jobless is hard.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:25 am

Thx Drake, the writing was on the wall for a while now. (parts written in crayon were from my idiot x-boss) I think the cat is getting tired me being around all the time, he thinks I am only supposed to be here to feed him and sleep, so he gets annoyed when I actually want to sit on the couch.

Almost got my virtual resume finished, so hopefully won't be long before I get a job as a developer or analyst.

And people always thought i was crazy for keeping my vacation near the maximum allowed, but since every company I worked for pays you for unused vacation it has served me well.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Vin Decatur » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:47 am

Ash,
Same here on the vacation. I always keep my vacation maxed. Writing was in big neon signs for a while, we just never knew when the axe was falling. Now, I do and it is kind of a relief knowing.

They also give me a package, 1 weeks pay for every year you worked for them. I got 25 years. So, I won't starve for a while. LOL

Maybe it's time for the cat to get off his lazy butt and find a job?

Vin
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Darn cat isn't cute enough or obedient enough to do commercials. I could get him a job as a night guard as long as there are no bugs and the only thing he has to attack are couches, curtains or me. :)

My dad's company did the same for him, 1 week for each of the 25 years he was with them, then extra 3 months to sign a paper saying he wouldn't sue. Then he found out they continued to operate under his state permits for another year.

Me, i wasn't so lucky. In fact i was more stupid. I took the high ground and couldn't get some poor ethical business practices addressed so I walked. Tried to get laid off so I could get the severance package, but they preferred to make me do all the work to cover up their mistakes. Told them if they weren't going to do anything to reduce the mistakes than I was done wasting my time fixing them.

Now, I am with you, if the cat isn't going to make some money he at least needs to clean up after him self. Think I will go spin him around the kitchen floor to use him as a broom. :)
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion