Now taking items for the PAS Auction on August 8, 2008

Talk about anything that's clean.

Now taking items for the PAS Auction on August 8, 2008

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 am

icq KD at 137449336 or catch me ingame to get your items on the list.

Remember PAS charges 2% of sales for the fee to run the auctions, so if u have an item that sells for 100k, u will get 98k and PAS gets 2k.

If you have items u want in the auction, please place them in a bag, one bag for each lot u want auctioned at a time. Please then add a book with your char name, icq number, description of items, and starting bid price.

Remember u need to price them cheap enough to get people interested in buying them, and not too high (or they wont sell).

I try to price my items at half of the "going Luna price".

Remember that the items may sell at the min bid, so u need to be ready to accept that price if no one else bids the price up.

Icq me or post here with any questions.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Sir William » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:20 am

Auctions again??

Who is running them you?

If I have home internet back I may be there.

Oh P.S. I'm attempting to get my old acct back to return to UO.
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:18 pm

yep Im the auctioneer and I set everything up (for now at least). Last time we had 3 elders volunteer to help on auction night and that worked very well.

But if any elders want to volunteer to do some of the jobs that would rock .. just icq me or post here.

Auctioneer: Runs the actual auction, yells out high bids, watches journal for updates, updates people, then going once, going twice sold.

Vendor owner (KD): puts books on vendor priced at what the winning bidder bid, so they can buy them.

Vanna White/Brianna position: Locks down, unlocks items as they get placed on table behind counter. Then hands those items to the players that bought the item (the winning bidder buys the book from vendor then hands that book to this person to get their items).

Crowd control: reminds bidders to not cast spells, otherwise disrupt the event ... bans if necessary.

We can run this with 2 but it slows down the auction ... 3 works great, 4 is perfect.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:39 pm

These things have the worst timing.

I was going to volunteer for the auctioneer position, I can easily pull it off with three people, but I can't that night :/

My wife will be out for the weekend on her 2 week annual training (she's in the Army reserves), and my daughter will be visiting her grandmother (my inlaws) for those two weeks...

Which would normally be the recipe for some good UO time, but I promised to watch a toddler for a friend that weekend so she could go house hunting in another state over the weekend. And since Kelly won't be around to help, it's all me.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Re: Now taking items for the PAS Auction on August 8, 2008

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:35 pm

KDSonoma wrote:icq KD at 137449336 or catch me ingame to get your items on the list.

Remember PAS charges 2% of sales for the fee to run the auctions, so if u have an item that sells for 100k, u will get 98k and PAS gets 2k.

If you have items u want in the auction, please place them in a bag, one bag for each lot u want auctioned at a time. Please then add a book with your char name, icq number, description of items, and starting bid price.

Remember u need to price them cheap enough to get people interested in buying them, and not too high (or they wont sell).

I try to price my items at half of the "going Luna price".

Remember that the items may sell at the min bid, so u need to be ready to accept that price if no one else bids the price up.

Icq me or post here with any questions.

KD

Good maybe those banners will sell this time. I will try to catch you.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to General Discussion