Austin Town Hall News *updated - Town hall canceled!

Talk about anything that's clean.

Austin Town Hall News *updated - Town hall canceled!

Postby Queen Mum » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:54 pm

From UO Herald
Austin Town Hall News

Jeremy Dalberg
10 Sep 2008 15:04:42

Due to Hurricane Ike and the potential for severe weather and flooding in Austin this weekend, there is a possibility we will need to cancel the Town Hall in order to ensure the safety of our players and developers. We will be watching the weather situation and should have a final determination by 3:00PM EDT tomorrow.
Last edited by Queen Mum on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Austin Town Hall Canceled

Postby Queen Mum » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:09 am

From UO Herald.com
UPDATED 6:00PM EDT:
The hurricane looks right on track for Austin, so we will be cancelling the Town Hall. Apologies to everyone who was looking forward to it - I was too! - and if you're local, take care of yourselves during the severe weather.
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Postby Queen Mum » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:22 am

To all our friends and families in Ikes path ... our thoughts and prayers are with you for your safety.
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:05 pm

they moved the Arkansas Texas game as well, and now the latest is we will only get 20-25 mph winds and no rain, since its moved so far east of us.

but they had to cancel those, more for the evacuation problems than the actual storm. Galveston and Austin have a point to point evacuation agreement, and all the Austin area schools take part in sheltering up to 25,000 evacuees from the Galveston area.

Gas stations are raising prices 15 cents per gallon per day (price gouging bastards), and Im sure the oil companies will take advantage of their refineries being shut down for a few days.

The news will tell ya 25% of the US refineries are on the Texas Coast, but what the oil companies dont advertise is that they run at about 50% of capacity most days.

So I would wager they would make up being shut down even for 2 weeks in about 1 week. Pfft.

Its all about perceptions though ... if people get convinced that oil should go up, then it will.

This is why a Texas Billionaire just spent 1 billion dollars on a huge wind farm on his land in west Texas. And he says when he saves another billion he will do the other half.

I think I read that he will then pull in something like 300 million dollars a year in energy sold to the big energy producers, not to mention offsetting his current need for electricity forever.

:)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tevvin » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:01 am

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:19 am

wish I could help help with that.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to General Discussion