An upcoming use of Item ID

Talk about anything that's clean.

Postby Atta Kquast » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:15 pm

True, but that cake ain't baked yet :shock: You never know lol.

Maldar wrote:Hmmmm......after reading the Imbuing discussion on Stratics, Leurocian pretty much said that Item Identification is useless in Imbuing. It was said to be useful in telling what ingredient a given item will give when unraveled, but we already know that. (1-199 = Magical Residue, 200-399 = Enchanted Essence and 400+ = Relic Fragment.)

Man...what a waste of time GMing Item ID was.

Also, just fyi:

Currently, here are the Imbuing skill requirements to Identify and magically unravel a magic item:

0 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce Magical Residue

50.1 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce Enchanted Essence

95.1 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce a Relic Fragment
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Maldar » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:39 pm

:lol: True.....true.....
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Maldar wrote:Hmmmm......after reading the Imbuing discussion on Stratics, Leurocian pretty much said that Item Identification is useless in Imbuing. It was said to be useful in telling what ingredient a given item will give when unraveled, but we already know that. (1-199 = Magical Residue, 200-399 = Enchanted Essence and 400+ = Relic Fragment.)

Man...what a waste of time GMing Item ID was.

Also, just fyi:

Currently, here are the Imbuing skill requirements to Identify and magically unravel a magic item:

0 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce Magical Residue

50.1 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce Enchanted Essence

95.1 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce a Relic Fragment

Well the way I take it, someone would have to spend a lot of time figuring out where an item falls in line of intensities for unraveling. Especially with weapons and armor where some of the items that count towards their intensities could be wrapped in some complex math on the resist or damage types.

You can get a general idea on the quality of a weapon by just looking at it, but won't be precise. Say you got a weapon has 4-5 properties, it wouldn't be easy to just say for certain it will fall in the 400+ range as some of the intensities may not be as high as you think. There will be plenty in the gray area, if this skill will eliminate that then it worth it to me. So if I only wanted to sort out Relics, I could identify clearly the items that fall just short.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Maldar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeah, you're right, it will be easier. I've been sitting here with my calculator. :lol: I'm finding it difficult to find Level three stuff.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Man that wasn't fun skill to GM.. but finally finished it.. Now just hope it really has a use in the expansion.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Maldar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:36 pm

lol At this point I'm just hoping there will actually *be* an expansion. Man, how long has it been already?
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Previous

Return to General Discussion