Bait-and-Switch Warning

Talk about anything that's clean.

Bait-and-Switch Warning

Postby Maldar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 pm

EDITED TO REFLECT MY NEW THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER:

Many of us utilize websites such as UltimaCodes.com, etc., in order to locate vendors that have what we are looking for (it saves a LOT of time over window-shopping every vendor.) Just yesterday, extremely cheaply-priced items (especially 120 scrolls) appeared on a few vendors in Luna. Whether it is a new attempt to attract people or it is a programming screw-up. Just be aware of the situation.
Last edited by Maldar on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby MountainDew » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 pm

I think we should organize and figure out which vendors are doing this and the times that they do it and and watch them with stealthers and right when they drop the prices buy up all the cheap scrolls as soon as we can before they raise the prices back up. That should teach those folks a lesson
MountainDew
PAS Guildsman
PAS Guildsman

Postby Maldar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Lol...........if that turns out to be what is going on, that would be fun!
Last edited by Maldar on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:54 pm

well I noticed the same thing happening on Wakoku, and it was on Sonoma when I checked last night. But also notice many items had silly looking stats on them. I saw power scrolls that had resists, etc, and when I found the vendor they were normal scrolls.

So I'm betting its a bug in the script software that the search goobers use that's causing this.

just way too many vendors to be in cahoots if you ask me. And the weird stats on so many various items was more of a confirmation for me at least.

*puts his fake money on a script error as the culprit*

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, I wondered if it could have been a programming screw-up but I thought it was probably on the search-sites' side. I didn't consider it might be on EA's side after the update. I did see an Elven Reading Chair with armor resists (for 15-mil!) I wonder if all this stuff will keep the screwed-up stats tags.

I see now that it has affected both yours and my vendors. (I guess that cans my suspicions but, hey, my career was built on being suspicious. lol)
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion