Installing a Mailbox

Talk about anything that's clean.

Installing a Mailbox

Postby dlwiii » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:24 am

I just bought a Mailbox from a Luna vendor. I put it on the steps of my house and set security to "Co-Owners".

So - will this work? I cannot find instructions on how to use a mailbox. I would like anyone to be able to drop things into it, but don't want people to take things out.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Ciara » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:11 pm

That is all you do. Wish I had known you wanted one, I keep a few to give to folks that don't have one.

Your house needs to be "public" for folks to drop things in. You can make your doors security accessed, if you don't want people to be able to walk in your house. That is how I have my private house set. For the PAS Crafter House, for example, the house is public, the box is set to co-owner, and all the staff members who have co-owner access can remove the items.

To put something in, just drop it above the box. Just make sure it didn't by accident land on the ground or in your pack again. It just disappears if the box took it.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby dlwiii » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Thank you.

I don't want to make my house public though. I have no patience, and don't want to have to put a door on it - I like running in and out quickly.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Ciara » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Probably no one can drop things in the box but those accessed to your house, in that case.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Irwin Hunter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Put up a back wall, and put a teleporter down, then for the few extra seconds to zap to the other side, it will be just like running straight in. I would test it though and see if it actually makes a difference. It may still work (the mailbox), just find someone that you know that is not co-owned to the house and have them drop something in it. I am sure someone from the guild would help you test that.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Cerberus A » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Your house does NOT have to be public. My house is private. Trick is people have to be able to drop things on the mailbox from the ground outside your house. Darkstar drops stuff off for me all the time.

Luck to you,

Cerberus
Cerberus A
Healer
Healer

Postby Darkstar » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 am

True but I'm friended to your house Cerberus A
Darkstar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Warden » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeah, test it out and let us know if it works without your house being public. If not, I'd do like Irwin said. You don't even have to use a whole wall. Just put something down, even those little walls only a few inches high, where it blocks traffic coming from the steps of your house to the inside. If you have steps all across the front of your place, I would narrow them down so you just have some maybe 5 tiles wide in the middle, something like that. Put up the blocking wall, and then lay teleporters down along the whole length of the wall. Then you just run up your stairs in any spot and will always hit a teleporter that takes you to just the other side of the blocking wall. Done right, you wouldn't even stop running...it would just be a little hiccup as you ran into or out of your house.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Return to General Discussion