Corrupted Shrines

Talk about anything that's clean.

Corrupted Shrines

Postby AshOfCaine » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:35 am

I couldn't believe after fighting red spawn for hours for scrolls, nothing. Jump back on after some dinner, recall into Compassion and ganked at the shrine instantly. The funny part is, my cu kept killing the spawn even though i was killed instantly and when I finally managed to rez (thanks to some other poor sucker recalling in and dragging them off) low and behold, I got a scroll WHILE I WAS DEAD! Sucky part of the story is it was for camping.

Just my luck. :P
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby wild flower » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:22 am

I fought for hours and got only one and then there were others that got several and we were fighting together -- side by side fighting and away from each other. We weren't in a party and then we partied and it still didn't affect me. I took a mage and the other person took a tamer with a cu.

If anyone has any helpful hints, I would love to hear them.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:29 pm

I would love to hear them too.

I have gotten 3 now after 2 days. I don't remember which character got the first 1, but the last 2 were from my tamer (and as said above one while dead). The 1st was either my archer or the tamer as well.

I was trying to test if it was like the book drop, in that melee characters had higher chance, but my experience says tamers are not being punished as they were with the Book drop.

Right now my tamer is the quickest way I have to kill. I been putting together better armor and weapon for the archer. Running from shrine to shrine with all super slayer bows, except have no magic resist so can't hang with the spawn if there are any casters around. One fireball kill from nightmare is depressing. I imagine the dragon fireball will be just as painfull as both should be based on hit points and these things have a ton of life

I did learn to quit recalling into the shrine itself, that can be instant death to as you don't know what and how many are standing there.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Darsus » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:06 pm

dragon's fire ball varies, it has done 106 to me one time then 45 to me another time(on same char, same armor)
Death To All That Oppose Us!!!!
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Tracy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:13 pm

Yes it varies.
It varies based on the dragon's hp. If the dragon is at max hp he will do the most amount of damage to you.

I've had dragons throw fireballs with their dying breath that hit me for 1 hp.

It's based on their % of remaining hit points.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:27 pm

I hardly ever play Zagreus cause I am still learning to play a mage let alone a spellweaver. But MAN! I love playing him for fighting the shrines, well only the shrine with the Ogre Lords. I run in and Lure one, and while he is limited in where he can go he kicks major butt! The only thing that can take him one on one is another ogre lord or the shadow ele that it can't hurt (which is where earthquake comes in). Everything on screen can be attacking it and it just takes them out one by one. It is so over powered I wonder if they meant to allow us to be able to lure them, but sure glad we can. While he has the attention of everything on screen, I can either heal or cast earthquakes and nature's fury.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Atta Kquast » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:53 pm

I played over the weekend and got 9 (no duplicates) of them at the compassion spawn (tram). I used my provo/fencer and was pretty effective. I carry elemental & repond instruments & alot of fast slayers (war forks and daggers). I also play in the early morning CST (4am-7am). I received 6 from Ogre Lords, 1 from a Val elemental, 1 from Titan and 1 from Dull Copper elemental.

after items....
120 music
120 provo
115 fencing
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 tactics
90 chiv

all 70's med suit.
300 luck.

All that said, proving Ogre Lords on each other is about a 10% success chance or less I think. So I run them into circles, provo them, and beat the tar out of them with fencing. I also fire horn the heck outta the small stuffs.

I also recalled into the Compassion fel mining cave (in the back behind the shrine). I found that solo you can work the back end of the spawn in peace, but gotta watch getting cornered of course. Didnt get any scrolls, but did leave alot of ore on the ground for adventurous miners.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to General Discussion