undead
demon
and one weapon that is
100% cold or fire
Ghost
PAS WebMaster
PAS WebMaster

Medals: 2
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)
Discord ID#: Ghost_TTT#7498

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:26 am

I have spent many many hours this past few days in Doom and here are my findings as far as what weapons work for me! First of all my char is a pally/archer (no bushido..I opted for med instead and I think it was a great choice seeing as how i never run outta mana anymore) I use EoO and consecrate on every monster...

For DFs: Night Reaper of course

For the Demons in first room: I know they are demon slayer vulnerable but I have found I do twice as much damage with my Mischief Maker with EoO and Consecrate on

Room Two(fleshrenderers): Mischief Maker

Room Three (Dark Knights): Mischief Maker

Room Four(Impalers): Night Reaper

Room Five (Abysmal Horrors): Night Reaper

I think I may have messed up the order of the rooms...LOL...I think three and four should be swapped...hehe...oh well...against those monsters that is what works for me...I tried many other bows and I don't have anything that works better...I would love to find something that does more damage than my Mischief maker as fast against the fleshrenderers...does between 20 and 30 per hit...oh well I am happy with what I have for now
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:02 am

First room is Undead, not Demon.
Second room is high fire/cold (so yeah MM works for this)
Third room is Demon
Fourth is Undead
Fifth is Demon
DF's are demon

And for DF's, the double slayer bows (demon + any elemental) work much better than the Night Reaper ever thought of.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 am

Archers/Warriors need to carry a high hit dispel weapon or bow to dispel their own revenants that spawn.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:02 am

Atta Kquast wrote:Archers/Warriors need to carry a high hit dispel weapon or bow to dispel their own revenants that spawn.

ya that helps alot when there no mages near by to help
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:35 am

More to my point is not to mooch off of mages and be more self-reliant first, not depend on mages first :lol:
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:26 pm

Or just take a necro, stay in wraith form and have slayer spellbooks.

Curse/corpse skin and explo-flamestrike everything, you can't go wrong.
The only alternative to that is in room 5 (abyssmal horrors), use earthquake as much as possible (with your slayer spellbook, of course). You should hit all of them for about 100-120 hp apiece. Most of the time one or two will retarget you. Cast protection (2nd circle), then invis yourself to get them to drop aggro. Then cast protection again and EQ again. Eventually, if you repeat this process they won't retarget you. By then they'll all be about dead anyway, but get those last 3 earthquakes in. Being 2nd or 3rd highest damager to EVERYTHING in the room is better than just being top damager to one. More points overall.

If you have more than one DF in the area, or there is a lot of spawn, instead of explo/FS, use meteor swarm. This will help with the other spawn in the area.

Since you're in wraith form (I mentioned that at the top of the post), you rarely, if ever run out of mana. If you see your mana supply dwindling, corpse skin your target again, it probably wore off. More damage=more mana leech.

Aside from the 'you can't be mounted while in wraith form' drawback, I think necros are the way to go 100%. All the benefits of a mage without the pesky drawback of running out of mana all the time. And with a explo-flamestrike combo doing 110 and 140 damage at the same time (or 150 and 190 if he's discorded), you're hitting pretty dang hard.

Plus you can dispel your own revanants, drop EV's now and then to help with spawn, quickly heal or cure a party member if they are in trouble, and in general do more damage to everything.

Necros FTW!
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:39 pm

Great tactics Jr!
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion