UO macros

Talk about anything that's clean.

UO macros

Postby Snow » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Was wondering how to setup a pvp type uo macro. I have macros for healing myself and stuff using "wait for targ" etc. Would I use the update range one for trying to cast on someone else? I'll take all advice! :)
Snow
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Horizon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Do you have UO Assist?
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Do NOT make macros that look like the following:

Cast Heal
Wait for Target
Target Self

... if you want to be as effective as you can be, that is.

Make a Cast Heal macro and a Target Self macro. Learn the timing of the spell or use UOA's target queue with a clear target queue macro too.

There are a bunch of reasons to do this. My primary reason is flexibility. If for some reason I want to target someone else with the heal that comes up, I can after hitting my cast heal key instead of waiting for it to heal myself, casting it again, and having my buddy die. Flexibility continued... Suppose you're casting heal and someone poisons you after you hit that macro? Then it's going to cast on you and be like "waah you're poisoned and getting owned"... suppose your buddy had a cure up and you could have lived but you have to re-cast heal now to save yourself?

I think there are some bugs with wait for target too... I never use it so I don't even remember. I use target queue in UOA though... ask if you don't know what it is or how to work it... the difference between target queue and what you're asking about is that I still get the same flexibility with a 'clear target' macro and I can always just cast heal and run around with it up without targeting anything without having two different heal keys... Some uber pvpers don't use the queue and still own though, so it's not required (Turbo Timmy in Waka, top 5 mage dueler on server for example.)

About offensive spell macros... I use last target with the target queue thing in UOA again... the default range for UOA spell macros is 10 or 11 tiles, spells have 10 tile range... you can edit the UOA file to change the range... I shortened mine to 8 or 9 tiles (Don't remember) because of my lag. I've never used the UO range updater thingy, but if it lets you set spell casting last target range to less than 10 tiles, then I could see using it... Hmm I use a mix of UO and UOA macros... If UO had a queue system I'd probable use all UO macros.

I'm not sure if I've answered your question.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Horizon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 am

There are lots of macros that you can use in UO and UO Assist. If you don't have it, get it. UOA is worth the $15.00 USD. http://tugsoft.com/UOAssist/default.asp and is also a UO approved utility.

First lets look at some defensive tips and macros.

* Casting Heal - When you are a mage and trying to heal yourself, use "Heal" over "Greater Heal" for a few reasons. It will not be interupted like greater heal. Uses less mana and can be casted faster.

Most of my spells are in UO macros and then I use the targetting queue as DevilSpawn mentioned above. This way I have a little more control over the timing of the spell. You can also have a spell pre-casted, run back into battle and hit your last target key.

* Recall Home - This is the get the hell out of there tool. Using UOA, select a blank macro and hit record. Then open your rune book and click the diamond that will take you home. Hit stop on UOA and assign it a key or key combo. For this escape, I will burn a charge on my rune book even if playing a mage to keep from getting interupted.

This tool is also useful when you are running around making lots of trips back to your house.

* Chug a pot - Cure, Heal, Total Refresh. Again UOA has these already built in, just waiting for you to assign a key or key combo. Click the "Keys"Tab on UOA and look for Disarm, Disarm Left, Disarm Right, these are also waiting for you, along with arm, arm alternate, etc.

* Hiding - Nearly every character can use the hiding skill when inside or next to a house. This should work 100% of the time as long as you are not in line of sight with your attacker.

* Magic Trapped Pouches - I dont know if this still works, but we used to cast magic trap on small leather pouches. When paralyzed, open the poch, it will explode and break the para. You can assign a UOA macro to use item type.

Most of the offensive tips or macros are simply finding the right combo for your fighting style and particular opponent. This may be outdated, but I would usually run into battle with Mindblast or Exposion precast giving me a target cursor. I click the opponent, cast my next spell, and use the last target queue.

As DS mentioned above, most solid pvpers have their spells, special moves and targeting macros assigned to UO. They use each and every one of them.
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:29 am

* Magic Trapped Pouches - I dont know if this still works, but we used to cast magic trap on small leather pouches. When paralyzed, open the poch, it will explode and break the para. You can assign a UOA macro to use item type.
I think today you cause more harm to yourself then in the old day, what you can do is get low level dart traps, made by tinkers with very low skills, very useful for breaking that paralyze attacks.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Snow » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Yes I do have uo assist. So I should set my macros into there rather than the game itself?
Snow
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Horizon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 pm

You should use both.

The things I have UO macros for are:

*Spells - Heal, explosion, poison, invisible, etc..

*Last spell - Casts what ever my last spell was

*Skills - hiding, animal taming, Lore, stealth, etc...

*Next target - to cycle through potential targets

*Primary & Secondary Abilities - what ever the abilities are for the weapon in hand

*Last object - use the last object you double ckicled on, as long as it is in reach

The things I have UOA keys and macros for are:
***** Macros you must Record yourself *****
You have 16 macro slots, use them. Play with them at home to figure them out.

*Recall home - opens rune book and gets you home

*Gate hop - Macro double clicks any permanent moongate and takes me to recorded location

*Spell Combos - Since I usually run into battle with a spell precasted, these are secondary attacks. These are very tricky to get the timing correct since UOA timing is precise and UO timing will be dependant on a specific ping to the server.

*Throw Explosion Pot - I use this to toss pots. I change the target to be last target.

*Bandy Pet - Self explanitory. Change Item to Item type and remember each pet needs its own macro.

*Mount and Dismount - Get on and off your ride with out accidently attacking it. These are two seperate recorded macros. Dismount will always be the same regardless of your mount. However, your ethy and your horse, mare, beetle, etc, need seperate macros.

*Crafting and Skill use/training- See further below

***** These are already in UOA, just need to assign them a Key *****
First start by opening the "Keys" tab in UOA and see what is there. Keep in mind that you can Pass the Key onto UO to avoid conflicts.

*Dress & Undress - saves upto outfits and will put them on or take them off

*Arm & Disarm - Arms upto three combinations per character. You can also Arm or Disarm your right or left hand.

*Use item in hand - self explanitory - Can use this to establish a last target for other macros.

*Potions [Drink Cure, Refresh, Heal] Each potion type needs its own key.

*BandySelf - I have not tried the UO macro yet so I dont know how the speed of it is compared to UOA.

*Organizer agent - You have a pack full of items and you want to place them neatly in another container. This will do it.

*Target Last/Target Self queues - Two seperate key combos

Crafting, Skill Use or Training

*Crafting - Makes last item based on specific tool. After recording macro, change "use item" to "Use Item Type". This will look for the tool in your pack. Each tool type needs its own macro and key if you choose. You can set your own delays, the default delay is 2000 = 2 seconds.

*Recycle Agent - Will smelt, unravel or cut up your crafter items to recycle your resources.

*Movement Skills - Animal Taming for example. I use a combination of macros.
-Use item - dagger- to target the creature. The critter is now my last target.
-Follow Creature - Press ALT and click on the critter once, you will get the "Now Following" Message
-Tame last 10x - This macro must be recorded and will look like this:
Use skill/Cast spell [ animal taming ]
Target Last Target [ Critter ]
Pause 12500 [ Pause for skill use delay timer ]
Use skill/Cast spell
Target Last Target
Pause 12500

I am sure there is more that I dont have time now to add in. Hopefully this helps. The reason I use both UO and UOA is it allows me to be in more control of the tools. As DS said in another post, The human factor will be more precise on timing than these tools.

The best advice I can give is for you to explore the use of the tool. There are things that will learn simply by using it and experimenting. Good Luck.
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby Horizon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:40 pm

Lord Drakelord wrote:
I think today you cause more harm to yourself then in the old day, what you can do is get low level dart traps, made by tinkers with very low skills, very useful for breaking that paralyze attacks.

You're RIGHT!!!! That hurt. Had three trapped pouches in my pack. UOA counted resources and damn near killed me.

DO NOT trap the pouches, unless of course you want to surprise the person looting your corpse.
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby Snow » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Thanks a bunch for your help!!
Snow
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Return to General Discussion