UO Gold/Item Broker on YouTube

Talk about anything that's clean.

UO Gold/Item Broker on YouTube

Postby Atta Kquast » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:43 am

Saw this on stratics, and was very disconcerting about this major UO Broker/Farmer, located on the east coast. Not sure if this is one of the main folks targeted by Draconi/EA, but wouldnt be suprised.

You can tell he is pretty embarassed in what he has become, and probably scared for himself/family with financial security. Now in light of current events, I hope he is prepared to pay for that house he is in lol, let alone his planned second house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1llXeTZG9T0
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Horizon » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:36 pm

It seems like I saw a different story.

This guy is a broker or reseller as oppossed to a gold farming scripter. When I left the game a few years ago, I sold a couple of accounts and got a few hundred dollars for them.

What he explained was that he has competition that is farming gold.
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby Atta Kquast » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:46 pm

I just think a major reseller uses/contracts/leverages the same scripters that got/get whacked. To me, that doesnt make folks like this exempt, and actually part of the problem. I had read before in an article that major brokers have deals worked out with others to supply a stream of resources/gold at big breaks to keep both business moving along. Likewise, its also a good money laundering vehicle or fencing operation (I had cited it here before but seems lost in the serverwipe we had). I am not saying this guy is doing it, its a mechanic.

Now that said, its not the same as the burning houses that draconi lit last nite (directly). Folks that buy from scripters tho(items/resources/accounts) are in the cycle, and are culpable to a degree albiet less directly, and isnt it against TOS to buy UO items for $$? Therefore, illegal (ammended/added a couple years ago for Ebay etc). You cannot even sell your account the way you described as it is illegal now (not when you did it).

And this gent goes way beyond UO, and I dont really think its a far stretch to think it stretches into the dark side of the game. (yes my conspiricy, not for general consumption) :D

This video just resurfaced in light of the current events, and saw it for the first time today. To me, its his honesty regarding the fact he is embarrassed to what he has become and wants out for his kids. Thats really what I got out of it.

I definately didnt get a "way to go dude" feeling.

Just call me spooky mulder
*whistles X Files theme*
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby SICK » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:49 pm

I dont think he was embarrassed by what he had become, but more of what the trading of virtual items had become. Hence his desire to move to another line of work. The way he got started was the most simple and basic idea in business which is to buy low and sell high. I really didn't see any embarrassment on his part in fact i think he had a genuine liking of his regular customers and enjoyed providing a service. It appeared to me as though the dealings with scripters and companies efforts to combat scripting was becoming too much of a hassle. I for one commend him for deciding he didn't like the way his industry was going and chose to leave it before he himself was completely corrupted. just my thoughts on it.
SICK
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Location: Roaming the darker sides of sonoma and the hills of Arkansas

Return to General Discussion