Moonglow

Talk about anything that's clean.

Moonglow

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 am

Healers and Guards now outside the rift in Moonglow. Also noticed Shadowlords inside the rift again, haven't seen them in several days.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Pure Chaos » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:48 pm

I was thinking the lack of shawdowlords was because of the lack of kill rate - maybe there was a break - maybe they were at start and end...
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:38 am

The spawn of dark wisps seems to be lot higher than before and the fallen warrior and fetid spawn seems to be lower. Which is fine because I prefer the wisps as they have the loot I am interested in and i can solo them easily, the warriors I can solo but need room to run around and heal and usually run into something else that wants to play. And well the fetids are just annoying and give no loot.

I had also been reading on stratics about people giving black rock to the Shadowlords, I thought they were kidding but decided to stealth up to one and drop it on him and sure enough he took it and gave me some message about sharp pain of serpent's fang or something. Nothing seemed to change though so don't know if my stealther 'has choosen sides' or what, but the shadowlord and everything else still wanted to take a bite of me.

Bezerker Daemons are spawning now as well and they fight anything but shadowlords, I stealthed around and watched one take on 5 fallen warriors and 4 dark wisps and was barely scratched.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Pure Chaos » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:52 am

hmm - strange
I didnt know you could 'give' black rock to them - but of course knew about giving up black rock to damage them and thus possibly or probably get a cloak....
Too bad it wasnt more obvious what it did for you...

hmm - maybe that means we should try giving them other things - like the ophidians stuff.

Its kinda a bummer the demons attack everything as it makes it very hard to get an honor on them.

Speaking of which does anyone understand the damage thing on beserkers? Its almost as if Im doing 1/10th normal damage. When I lored one it had very high resists of everything except physical. Physical resist was negative! but clearly even with a demon slayer 100% physical crossbow and EOO I was only doing 5-6 (damage and honor I think)...

Some ppl claimed the power weps helped - I tried that with my macer and did the same sort of low damage (2-3). Someone claimed the real damage of the power weps was higher - thats possible, but it seems like it isnt enourmously higher since I seem to get about the same amount of gold using the power wep or just regular weps.

Apparently the demons give as loot the rarity 12 scythe - Im not sure if this is only top damager, or only a few ppl have a shot at it, or if it is even distribution across all ppl who got looting rights, but I know i did not get one last night...
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:07 am

Someone on Stratics pointed out the message received when giving blackrock to the Shadowlord was the same message you get when you get attacked in the Citadel by the Serpent's Fang assassins from the shadows. I just gave him one to see what it did, nothing evident so far maybe as more of the event unfolds or perhaps when the 'real' Shadowlords arrive since these are just Ethereal projections.

As for the demons, yes normal weapons only do 5% of the damage. The power, Vanquishing and Mystic weapons do more, but as you said it still only displays the 5% (except if you get the kill shot supposedly). I just battled one with a power weapon and was showing 1-4 damage, then the last hit as he died it showed 37. The Mystic are the best to use against them, but all I have is a couple power.

I would suggest looting corpses (even ones you don't kill that go public) as the demons are the ONLY thing I know that drop the power, vanq, mystic weapons, but have to pick through the loot and look at everything. Lastly, I have heard reports the deamons loot the other monsters they kill, so if you kill one you may find the planesword/planeshield or threads on them from when they killed the other spawn.

I think i have a Power Crossbow somewhere may try my archer, my Pally didn't fair too well as he red-lined me with one hit. Now note the BEST weapon to use against them would be a Mystic Demon Slayer but good luck finding one of those.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Pure Chaos » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am

oh - so the demons do drop the power/mystic weps? I hadnt seen any so far... Thats good to know especially for some players who have none of these wepons...
I wish I had a bow - that would be sweet.
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:51 am

I wish I had a bow - that would be sweet.

Yeah, now I just got to find mine. I remember during Magincia invasion I managed to Solo some of the Berserkers with it, but as I said with the sword they hit me hard!

Edit: Haha, I knew being a pack rat would pay off, found a Vanquishing Composite Bow with 10%SSI, 18% Stamina Leech and Faster Casting 1. Not perfect but it is better than nothing.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Yep, Archer with a Mystic, Vanq or Power (in that order) is a great way to go.

They slow, no magic, so just stay ahead of them hitting them and they are a piece of cake. Only problem is not getting jumped by other spawn, just tangled with one and someone fighting a Shadowlord pulled him right on top of me. Luckily I got the demon to follow me off before the Shadowlord agro'ed against me.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Yes soloing the Berserkers isnt impossible...Even with a normal Demon slayer bow....Assuming they are the same as the ones from magincia you can take one out solo in 20 min or so with a Night Reaper...A mystic bow would be better of course but my night reaper served me very very well during the Magincia invasion...I still have tons of the weapons from that invasion and will look to see what I have for anyone that might need a better weapon
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Pure Chaos » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Especailly since the deamons seem to be easily stuck on the rubble.
Lets see when I lored on it had >3000 hp. if I manage to honor and EOO I think I can do 4 hp a shot with the reaper - so somewhere around 800 bolts....

I got to play a tiny bit at lunch - managed to get one of the scythe things with the reaper - so thats cool

I also tried to drop some ophidian rations on a shawdowlord - didnt do anything..

Does anyone know WTH the cloaks are good for - as far a I can tell they simply drain all three capabilities...
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:04 pm

The only thing I have heard about the cloaks so far is something about HUGE mana leech when fighting (I am guessing melee only). But what good is mana leech if you stay at 1 hit point?

I have found my necro's suit has enough mana regen that I don't loose any mana (well actually loose but regain before the next tick) and if I go into Horrific Beast form the added hit point regen will counter that loss, but that still leaves me with a constant 0 stamina.

I wonder if it would be possible to build a suit with enough Hit and Stamina Regen to counter it?

Loading up KR to see if it shows the - regen rate. (see KR is good for something besides crafting)

No, it doesn't show the effect, but looks like a 8+ Regen should be what it takes to counter the effects. SO, I am guessing if could build a decent suit with enough HPR and Stamina Regen, a melee char could wear it for huge mana leech.

But there has to be another purpose later in the story line.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Pure Chaos » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:17 pm

oh so its big mana leech...
Well that could be _very_ useful.
If you run vamp form and are ok on stamina then any wep turns into a man leech - and as a bushido/chiv warrior mana is key - so opening up any wep to mana leech would be a massive advantage..
That I will need to try
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Pure Chaos » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:28 pm

hmm - I just tried it out with a non-leeching maul.
It seems like my vamp form was able to keep up with the stamina loss, but I did not notice any mana leech affect....
The cloak still seems to have no redeeming feature yet
is it possible its enemy or location based affect?
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:00 pm

Hmm, well i know mana leech on certain enemies is pointless as they have a small mana pool so nothing to leech from.

I was just reading up and seems people are saying it stopped doing the mana leech. I know when it first started I tried it and it did. Seems they are right, as I just tried it again and nothing, same as you reported. BTW: It not safe to wear a cloak and NOT pay attention to your health.. :lol:

Well, I got to get back to preparing for my job interview now, not like I can make a living playing UO. :evil:
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Good luck at the interview :P
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Next

Return to General Discussion